Chapter 2: Reunited

Leighton POV:

I got back to my place and finished my soup. Watching Gossip Girl to pass the time was a great option. Four episodes later, I'm in love with Chuck Bass, I need a Dorota, and it's a couple hours until Skye will arrive. Instead of waiting more I got into my car and drove to her new house.

When I pulled up I saw her run out of her house. We ran to hug each other which turned out to be a total fail, and we just ended up on the floor laughing. Typical us.

"Dude I was just about to come to your house. I'm exhausted with moving boxes." She said. "I seriously hate both you and Matt for leaving me in Virginia alone!"

"I had no choice! There was no way I could be a model in tiny Virginia! Plus it's closer to my loving brother." I said sarcastically. "Which my parents love." My brother, Jackson, was already into his second year in college. If I didn't point out already, Skylar and I are seniors.

"You're parents are never around." She said. Which was true. LA was their new business spot. I barely see them any more than I did in Virginia.

"That is very true. But it all worked out in the end, and hey you can definitely pursue a dancing career in LA. This is awesome!"

"Dude you know I left the studio when you moved!" She mocked.

"Oh sure but come on, you were the best one there! Commercial dancing is your thing."

Skylar POV:

Leighton was right about dancing, but I don't see myself dancing again soon.
I can honestly say I'm just so glad to be in LA with Leighton. She's always been my bestfriend and I've just been without her too long.

We caught up for a while. I told her about the whole real reason for the move, other than I just wanted to be in LA.

"We basically moved out to be near the grandparents. My grandmas lung cancer is back again and we don't know how much longer she will be here so yeah."

"Skye I'm so sorry. That's horrible."

"It'll be okay. But enough about me." I said. "Let's hear all about Miss Ashby."

"There's not much really. We seriously just talked yesterday loser." She said. "I told you about that guy today. Sadly that's the most interesting thing that's happened recently."

"C'mon there's gotta be more!"

"Ehh I guess. I mean, I met up with that modeling agent last week. She says I have a nice and new look whatever that is."

"Leighton that's so cool! So you're a model."

"No, not yet. She said she'll call me in about two weeks. I just haven't told many people in case it doesn't work out, you know? That just be awkward."

"I'm sure you'll be fine. This is your dream!" My phone buzzed so I checked it. "Jack Gilinsky just tweeted 'Chicken quesadillas are fuego.' Bae me too, me too"

"You gotta stop obsessing over those guys you know. They're just normal people." She said. She never cared about vine, Youtube, or specifically the boys.

"Shutup lets go to your house. My bed isn't put together yet."

Leighton POV:

We got into my car and drove back to my house. Literally the whole time Skye was still rambling about all of those Magcon boys. I should probably pay more attention but I couldn't care less at the moment.

"So that's Magcon thing is a real fad?" I asked, trying to contribute to the convo. Maybe I could understand why so many people are obsessed with them.

"Oh my gosh Leighton they split up I told you this!"

"Geez my bad! You're way too crazy about Cameron Dallas and Shawn Mendes. I determined it's going to start ruining your brain." I said as we entered my house.

"Excuse me, but Cameron Dallas liked my post. Next thing you know he will follow me and then we will meet up and date, I live in LA now it's inevitable."

"How so yeah? With your power of positive thinking?" I responded.

"I don't need your criticism Leighton. Plus Matt will help me so all is just swell."

"Actually he told me he hated you so I'd try plan B."

"Stop trying to make jokes. You're not funny." Eh it's true, Skylar was always the funnier one.

"Yes your highness. Now go to sleep we're going to the mall tomorrow."

"Alrighty Miss Unsocial, will do." She said blowing a kiss and then sucking it back in. And I wonder why she's never had a boyfriend yet.