Keith's Machinations

Tea's POV

James Won! He "actually" won!

Croquet: The First Match of these playoffs has come to a close. James Bryant has emerged victorious over Mai Valentine. He will advance to the next round.

Joey: All right!

Tea: Yeah!

Tristan: Way to go, James.

Pegasus: *Claps*

Everyone: Huh?

Pegasus: *Evil Laugh* Well done, James. "Superb duel." You certainly know how to put on a good show.

Tristan: What a creep.

James: *"Enjoy this while you can, Pegasus, 'cause the only reason I'm here is to rescue my Mom." And once I beat you to get her back, you won't have anything left to chuckle about.*

Pegasus: Hmm. Proceed.

Croquet: The second match of these playoffs will begin shortly. Bandit Keith will battle Joey Wheeler. Prepare your decks.

Joey: Me? Now? Boy, that was sure quick.

Bakura: Joey, you're going to do fine. 

Tea: Come on, don't worry.

Joey: Hmm? Thanks. "Guess I'm kind of tense."

Tristan: Yeah.

Joey: Huh?

Tristan: You got a few reasons to be. First off, look who you're going up against, Bandit Keith, The Intercontinental Champion. I mean, the guy makes his living out of winning prize money from tournaments just like these.

James' POV

I then leave the Duel Arena to go to the balcony to watch Joey duel against Bandit Keith.

James: *Sighs*

Joey: James.

James: Huh? "What...Oh..." Hey, Joey. What's up? Are you okay?

Joey: James, if I win this, then we're next. "You dueling against me." What do you think about that?

James: I think we can look forward to an honorably fought match.

Joey: Huh? Nice call. Then you give it your best, and I'll give it mine, and we'll stay best friends no matter what.

James: Hmm. Good luck, man.

Joey: Thanks, man.

I then head up to the balcony where Tea, Tristan, and Bakura are waiting.

Tristan: Yeah! There's our man!

Tea: Go, Joey!

Joey: Hah! Huh? What's the deal? Where's Keith?

Bandit Keith: *Yawns*

Joey: Huh?

Bandit Keith: What time is it?