【Chapter 28】

❝ 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Confusion and apprehension occupied their thoughts as Zeldris' senses heightened to the maximum, undecided what the unfamiliar stranger actually was; a foe or an ally? Not admiring the fact that he couldn't see his face, Zeldris drew out his sword only for the sudden and stern glare of (Y/N) to stop him.

"Dare I havta repea' meself?" Anew did they hear the voice of the stranger, and this time (Y/N) took action. "I am (Y/N) (L/N), Queen of the Demon Clan and the commander of the Samad army, at your presence." Getting up from her sitting position on the floor, (Y/N) did a modest curtsey up at the lit-up window, shadows still shrouding the unknown men's faces.

Hearing a heavy grunt in return, the noise of a door opening could be understood again as the unseeable men stepped away and seemed to bow in respect, granting for the mysterious newcomer to walk in front of them all.

While Zeldris and Hawks gawked up at the window in mistrust and suspicion, (Y/N) was smiling up at the window with her hands tucked inside her pockets. Observing as the figure finally halted and peered down at only (Y/N), (Y/N) waved her hand in welcome.

"Kaveh! It has been a while since I've last been basked in your presence. I can see that my elixir served you of good use, huh?" Chuckling (Y/N) saw as the figure in the front showed to shake his head in exhaustion, soon turning his body around and motioning for them to do something. Watching as some of the other figures bowed down and briskly walked away, (Y/N) glanced over at the other rigid two and nodded.

"(Y/N)... it has been quite some time. Last time I ever heard your name, I was informed that you have been slain by your own-"

"Friend! (Y/N) was murdered by Meliodas, her ex-friend, my honest fellow!" Zeldris hastily cut in, anxiously smiling up at the male as an irk mark popped up on the side of his head. Silence followed soon after before the sound of amusing laughter cut in. "Yes, yes, of course. Your ex-friend—Meliodas—last forsook you for a goddess and killed you out of spite."

Grimacing at the portion of already sung news (Y/N) looked away as she heard a door opening, and soon a pool of bright, pure white light flooded from the other side of the cube and into the empty steel room forcing the others to cover their eyes in fear of being disoriented from the brightness.

"Come through the door, (Y/N). Oh, and your friends, too. Not like you to bring friends over." Murmuring the last part to himself, the figure shuffled away as the rest shortly followed with another sound of an automatic door sliding open before closing, the window receding from their view.