A New Beginning

I headed to my secret spot that no one knew about. I came here when I was sad, lonely, bored, and when I felt like escaping. It was somewhat far from the village and home, but I knew my way there by heart. It was a cave with a gorgeous pond in it, and there were all sorts of plants and animals. No one else knew about this spot, so I liked being alone here. I was shocked when I heard a voice come from behind me.

"Hey...y/n."

I splashed water at him, causing him to get soaked.

"That was a bit harsh..."

"Oh, and locking me in a tower in the middle of nowhere for hours wasn't?"

"y/n, please just talk to me."

"What do you want, Camilo." I turned around angrily to see him there.

"Look, I wanted to talk about yesterday. I'm sorry y/n, I really am."

I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him, but the way he talked, it sounded sincere, as if her were genuinely sorry for what he had done.

He came near me, and sat down. Camilo had always been a prankster, using his gift for mischief. He had been like this ever since we were kids, and even though I easily got out of the tower, I liked making a scene. Something about Camilo seemed different. I mean, over the years he's gotten taller, more muscular, and maybe even a little cuter, but- Theres no way i just thought about Camilo like that. No, no, no, oh god.

He finally broke the silence while I was arguing with my thoughts, by saying "Please forgive me, it was foolish of me to do that to you, It kills me when you're mad at me. Can we please, just forget it ever happened?"

"Alright fine, I forgive you."

 I was thinking about what he had said. Why would it be that much torture for him when I'm mad at him, it's not like we're close friends?

We both laid on our backs, looking at the ceiling and the beautiful flowers dangling from it. After a while of talking, I eventually fell asleep on top of Camilo. When I woke up, it was dark outside, and as I was about to get up, I noticed that Camilo's arms were around me, and he was asleep. At first, I wanted to get out, but I liked the feeling of his body next to mine. I cuddled up to him, and then I laid my head on his chest, and closed my eyes. Eventually I woke up, but I was too tired to move a muscle, so I closed my eyes again, laying there with Camilo.

I heard him wake up, and felt him run his hands through my hair. I don't know why I started to feel this way, but I felt safe when I was with him, as if everything would be alright. I opened my eyes, and our eyes met each other. 

"Morning sleepyhead," he said in a sleepy voice.

"Oh shoot, we need to go home now, or else we won't be back in time for dinner. I promised Mirabel that I would be back. 

We both ran home, but as we approached the house, I told him that we can't go in together or else it would look suspicious. He agreed, and entered through the garden door, while I used the front door. I checked the time and it was 5:45 PM. Thank god, we didn't miss dinner. I got myself cleaned up and sat down at the table when it reached 6. I was focused on eating, but I could tell that Camilo kept looking at me.

After dinner, I tried to ignore Camilo, but he kept trying to talk to me. He got mad at me for ignoring him, which makes sense. He came into my room, hoping to finally get me to talk. When I ignored him, he yelled at me. "Fine, don't talk to me. I guess what happened earlier meant nothing to you!" He stormed off, and I sat there in confusion. I remembered waking up with his arms around me. Oh god, did he like me? Did he think I liked him? Do I like him? As I argued with my thoughts once again, a thunderstorm started out of no where.

"Tía Pepa?" I yelled trying to find her.

I eventually found her in tears, and she said, "Camilo is missing, not even Dolores can find him!"

I ran out of the house, with two places in mind that he could be. I ran to my spot, to find it empty per usual, but noticed that where Camilo had been lying down, something was engraved into the stone. (Your Initial) + C, with a heart carved around it. Camilo did feel that way about me. Everything that Dolores said made sense now, he locked my in the tower because he liked me? Was that his way of spending time with me? No, I'm getting way too ahead of myself.

I ran to the tower, in hopes of finding him there, and he was there.

"Go away, y/n."

"Camilo please talk to me, I'm sorry. I didn't know that you liked me-" I couldn't finish my sentence before he interrupted me.

"Like you? God y/n, you're so full of yourself. Not everyone likes you, okay? Just go before you embarrass yourself anymore."

I felt hurt and it almost felt like heartbreak, but I asked him to at least come home.

"Home? You mean my home. You aren't even a part of our family. I'll go to my house, aka the place that you're staying at. NOT your home."

The way that he spoke to me, he seemed heartless. His voice sounded cold and dead. I ran out with tears in my eyes.

"Wait y/n. Come back please. Oh god, what did I do?"

He chased after me, but I ran to my room and locked it.

Hours later, I heard a knock on my door, followed by a familiar voice.

A/N: Hi guys, I'm going to start making longer chapters in these next few chapters. The first 3 were sort of an exposition.
-Author