☁Skating~Kelly Nickels☁

March, 1991

"Charlie, I don't think that's a very good idea." you said, following your 2 year old brother into Kelly's music room. He just giggled and grabbed the lyrics Kelly had been writing off of his amp, waving them around and babbling incoherently.

You and Kelly have been dating for about three years now, and Kelly had been begging you to bring your little brother over. He absolutely loved the little tyke with you guys went to your parents house for family gatherings. Coincidentally, "Kelly" had even been your brother's first word. At first your mom was skeptical of Kelly's wild persona and rock star aesthetic, but after seeing how much he loved and how good he was with the younger ones in the family, she'd all but fallen in love with him. She'd even mentioned engagement in front of Kelly, eyeing him with a smug smirk as she chattered about dream weddings with her friends.

You were torn from your thoughts when you heard the door open. Before you could even get off the couch, Charlie was already sprinting towards Kelly while making grabby hands. You couldn't help but smile at the warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach when you watched Kelly's face light up. Your boyfriend picked your little brother up, spinning him around before setting him on his shoulders. You walked over to him, humming as Kelly pecked you on the lips. He set his guitar case down and carried Charlie into the kitchen of your small apartment, setting him on the counter.

"Did you have fun at the studio?" you asked, giggling at the giant smile that spread across his face.

"Sure did! We finished the last song on the album and we're discussing a release date now. We're thinking sometime in June." he said excitedly. You smiled, happy for your boyfriend. He turned to your brother, ruffling his shoulder-length hair with a smile.

"So what've you been up to, lil dude?" he asked. Without hesitation, Charlie launched into a round of babbling and giggling. Kelly leaned against the counter, his brow furrowed as he tried to decipher your little brother's sounds and expressions. After another 10 minutes of this, you two finally busted out laughing.

"Oh, you're so funny, Charlie. You know that?" Kelly said. Your brother just nodded, giggling as Kelly picked him up and gave him a piggyback ride.

Time Skip

Kelly put an arm around your waist as you waved to your mother's car. She'd just picked Charlie up to take him home. Suddenly, Kelly turned to you and smiled.

"Go get ready. I've got a surprise for you." he said. You nodded, taken aback by his outburst.

You shuffled into your room, slipping into a pair of ripped jeans, and a Metallica t-shirt. You did your makeup - just some eyeliner and red lipstick - and curled your hair so it fell down your back in loose ringlets. You spritzed yourself with some perfume and applied some deodorant before quickly pulling on your favorite black sandals and grabbing your purse.

Kelly was already waiting by the door, keys in hand, by the time you got down the hall.

"Ready, babes?" he asked. You nodded following him to the car. The drive was short, and when you finally realized where you were you gasped. It was the old skate park where you first met in Middle School.

"Why are we here again?" you asked, confused. Kelly chuckled, kissing your forehead before getting out of the car. He opened the trunk, taking two skateboards out and thrusting one at you. You smiled, putting your hair in a messy bun. You started to get on, but looked down to realize you were wearing sandals...not the best shoes for skating. Fortunately for you though, Kelly was one step ahead of you. You turned to see him standing beside the car with your converse in his hand.

"Aw thanks Kells!" He just smirked, chuckling nervously as you put them on. Without wasting a second, both of you hopped on your boards. Your laughs filled the air as you did different tricks, challenging each other. It wasn't until the sun had set and the stars sparkled above that you noticed the tiny box taped to the bottom of your board, just in front of the back right wheel. You rode up to the edge, plopping down and letting your feet dangle as you peeled the tape off of the box. Kelly took a seat beside you, wringing his hands as he watched you intently.

"What is this?" you asked, emphasizing the "is".

"It's just...a surprise." he said, smirking slyly. You looked at him for a second, searching his warm brown eyes before turning your attention back to the box. You opened it to find no doubt the most beautiful ring you'd ever seen. You gasped, tears filling your eyes.

"Oh Kelly! It's beautiful!" you exclaimed. He let out a booming laugh as you tackled him, straddling his chest.

"Will you marry me, Y/N?" he asked. You immediately nodded, smiling uncontrollably.

"Yes, yes, yes!" you screamed, leaning down to kiss him. He kissed back eagerly, sitting up so you could sit in his lap. You turned around, looking up to watch the stars. Kelly buried his face in your hair.

"I love you so much, Y/N. I can't wait to live the rest of my life with you." he whispered. You smiled, leaning back against his chest and falling asleep.

The Ring

The Ring