☁Dumb Dumbs - Slash☁

💓requested by Lizziedoo 22

April, 1989

Alright, fuckers. I’m bringing my little sister to the studio later after I pick her up from school. Do ya'll think you can keep your shit together for an hour or two?" Slash asked his bandmates. Of course, they never actually gave him a straight answer. Axl started to protest, Duff just took a swig of his vodka and went back to playing his bass, Izzy was half-asleep on the one shitty couch they had and Steven was jumping up and down from excitement like a little kid. The guitarist just rolled his eyes, putting his precious guitar in its case before grabbing his car keys. 

✨t i m e s k i p✨

Slash smiled as he watched his sister laugh with her friends. He honked his horn, waving at her as she made her way toward him. Her green eyes sparkled in the sun as the wind blew her curly black hair around her shoulders. She pulled the door open and climbed in, throwing her bag in the backseat. 

"Hey, girly! How was your day?" he asked. She smiled, launching into a detailed account of all the fun things she did with her friends. Slash smiled and nodded, genuinely interested in his sister's day. 

“How about we go get milkshakes?” he asked. His sister smiled, nodding and suggesting Chick Fil A. 

By the time they got through the line, it was almost 5:00 and Slash was sure that Axl was reeling at him having been gone for an hour and a half. He headed back to the studio, singing along to a Thin Lizzy cassette with his sister as they drove. The late April sun was just starting to touch the horizon, and Slash’s sister groaned when she realized she still had to study for finals. She climbed out of the car, reluctantly grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder before following her big brother. On top of studying for finals, she also had to register for her high school classes for freshman year in September. 

    Slash led them into a room, immediately being screamed at by Axl. While the guitarist was attempting to calm his vocalist down, Duff walked over to the tiny girl standing awkwardly by the door. 

“Hey, the name’s Duff. What’s your name?” he asked casually. The bassist chuckled when she looked up at him, craning her neck to get a decent look at his face. Her mouth was gaping open at his height and Duff thought he caught a bit of a blush spreading across her cheeks. 

“U-um. My name’s Stacy.” she stumbled. The bassist nodded, leading her to the couch. Duff roughly pulled Izzy off, throwing him on the floor and kindly offering the 14-year-old a seat. She giggled as Izzy cussed loudly, looking to Axl for help. The redhead just rolled his eyes, huffing and puffing before storming out. Stacy began to pull her homework out but before she could get started Steven bounced over to her. 

“HI! MY NAME’S STEVEN AND IT’S SO NICE TO MEET YOU AND WE’RE GONNA BE BEST BUDDIES!” he all but screamed, picking the tiny girl up and swinging her around in his arms. Stacy laughed, smirking widely as the drummer ruffled her hair. 

“POPCORN!” Slash snapped, noticing the papers now sitting on Stacy’s lap. “Let the kid get her homework done, man! She’s only got like three more weeks of school left.” Steven just huffed, plopping down beside her on the couch and crossing his arms over his chest. 

By the time everyone was ready to go, it was almost 10:00. Stacy hurriedly said goodbye to the guys before following Slash out to his car. After she’d finished her work, she’d come to find out that she was a natural drummer, and had eagerly taken Steven’s offer for free drum lessons. She’d grown quite close to Duff and had even cracked a few jokes crude enough to even make Axl laugh a little. 

    Later that night, as she crawled under the covers of her waterbed, she couldn’t wait to see her fellas again.