Lust is insatiable

We first need to understand what Lust is. I must say, it's not a very nice word. Sometimes we avoid saying it because when we think of lust, most times, it's almost synonymous with sexual issues. While there's some truth in that, it is not completely true. So what is lust? 

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. - 2 Timothy 2:22 (KJV)

Lust is a desire, a craving or a longing for something that is forbidden or evil. It's usually very strong and uncontrollable. And nothing good is ever produced from lust. There are many things that the bible has to say about it. But one thing we should pay attention to is that it is youthful. Why does the bible say this? Is it true that only youths lust? Is it true that this desire or longing can only be found in the youth? No! Even the older ones can lust. But, if we are going to be honest, lust troubles more youths than it does any other group of people. 

                                                           Where does lust come from?

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16 (KJV)

When we read the bible, we should pay attention to the writings and carefully meditate upon them. The bible says, "ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." The Scripture above tells us where lust comes from. Lust comes from the flesh. There is nothing good about the flesh. The flesh produces all kinds of evils. 

Everyday is a battle between two different realms. The realm of the flesh and the realm of the spirit. Choosing to live in the former produces all kinds of sin. Knowing that our flesh has the potential to bring us down is a good thing. Many times, we like to blame the devil. Truly, the devil is evil. But we also cannot rule out this thing called the flesh. 

                                                  Is lust really that bad?

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. - James 1:14-15(KJV)

Lust is more dangerous than we can imagine. The bible says, "When lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin." Lust produces sin. Whenever we are enticed or drawn away of our own lusts, we walk on a path that eventually leads us to sin. Sin also has a pattern. And it begins with what we lust after. This is something to think about. What do we lust after? There is no innocent lust. Lust can never be innocent. 

Think of lust as a baby snake. When a snake is little, we have better chances of killing it than when it's bigger. If we allow lust to grow within us, it can later consume us. Because, lust produces sin. And sin produces death. So if you are still wondering if it's really that bad? Well, yes! It is terrible! 

                                      What do young people lust after?

And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful. - Mark 4:19 (KJV)

We can lust after many things. What lust does is that it makes us become discontented. The bible says, "and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word." What God wants us to become is already a done deal. God is not making us become better. He is not making us become who we are destined to be. He already did. Whatever God destined for us can be found in His word. But the lusts of other things choke the word; making us unfruitful and unable to become. God's word makes us become. We cannot become without God's word.