Chapter 41 - Under a blanket

Jungkook's cell phone rang and he picked it up.

"Kookie, are you coming out or what?" his sister asked, sounding annoyed.

"Huh?" Jungkook asked back.

"Rehab! I'm here to pick you up to go to rehab. I even got you those fucking cookies, so where are you? Were you asleep? You sound like you just woke up!" she asked.

In fact Jungkook had been crying. 

He hadn't managed to go to the university for two days now. And most of the time at home he spent in his bed, crying over Taehyung.

All energy had just left him since the day he saw that magazine. Even if he tried not to think about it, he didn't manage to push it out of his mind.

After Tae told Jungkook he loved him, Jungkook had believed that there was a real chance they could become a couple, him and Tae, after all this time.

Those words of love had meant so much to him, and even if he never got the chance to tell Tae he loved him back, he had lived on the words Tae said to him. They had given him hope and energy, like a small warming fire he could carry around in his heart, just by knowing that Tae loved him.

And now all that hope, all the energy was gone.

"I'm sorry, sis, but... I'm not coming to rehab." he said, his voice thick from all the crying he'd done.

"Kookie, are you ill? Did you catch a cold? Your voice sounds strange." she said.

"No... I'm not ill. It's... nothing... I just can't... I just don't care about rehab anymore, okay?" he said.

"What the fuck's wrong with you? I'm coming in!" she said and hung up.

Fuck. 

Jungkook sighed and just threw his phone down on the bedside table, pulled the blanket over his head, turned onto his side and curled up under the blanket.

He heard a knock on the door, then his sister unlocking the door with her spare key.

"Kookie!" she called out.

He didn't bother to answer.

He heard her footsteps entering the bedroom, then someone pulled the blanket off of him. Jungkook didn't move, but stayed curled up on his side, now staring into the wall.

She sat down on his bedside and stroked his side.

"Kookie? What's wrong? How long have you been lying here under that blanket?" she asked in a soft voice.

"Two days. More or less." he mumbled.

Now he turned his head to look at her and she gasped when she saw his red eyes.

"What happened? What could possibly make you cry like this and stay underneath a blanket for two days?" she asked, sounding immensely worried.

First he said nothing, then almost as a whisper.

"Him."

She stared at Jungkook.

"What did Taehyung do, Kookie?" she asked in a low voice.

Jungkook sighed deeply.

With an effort, he sat up, stretched his hand out for his laptop and opened it. The website was still there. He hadn't been able to even close the tab with the picture.