1

"Hello, welcome to The Grind," I rehearsed blankly without even looking up from my book. "May I take your order?"

"Can I get one French vanilla latte, please?" Asked a deep voice. "Oh, and a blueberry scone." He quickly added as I looked up at him. He softly bit his lip as his cheeks blossomed a light pink. A black ring adorned the corner of his mouth.

"Uh-" I paused. "Yeah. Your total is 7.49," I smiled lightly as he handed me his credit card. I quickly swiped it and handed it back to him as I waited for the receipt to print. I looked over to catch him staring at me and I watched as his eyes darted away from mine. His blue irises deepened in color as he looked everywhere but me. "Um.. Are you okay, sir?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. He slowly swung his head to face mine.

"Huh?" He raised his eyebrows expectantly.

"Are you okay, s-"

"Mia! Tucker needs you in the back, the cream machine is overflowing," I heard Collin, my manager, yell.

"Um.." I dragged out as I looked towards the kitchen and back to the boy. He awkwardly looked at me and continued to chew on his bottom lip. "I'll be right back," I muttered. I strode through the door and into the back room. Tucker was up to his ankles in cream and muttering strings of profanities under his breath. "Tucker, what the hell happened?!" I gasped as I looked over his cream covered arms.

"Oh, hey Mia," Tucker smirked. He was like a big brother to me, but he was honestly the most annoying person ever.

"Are you going to just stand here, or tell me what's happened?" I sighed. His smirk faded as a big eruption of cream blew up into his face. I burst out laughing as he glared at me and wiped the excess cream into his hands.

"You're such a bitch," he muttered as he smothered me in cream. He laughed as I wiped most of it off and grabbed more.

"You're going to regret doing that," I hissed as I gathered some more in my hands and threw it his way. He shuffled over to the door and it missed him by an inch. I was about to throw another bit of it at him, but he had opened the door and ducked and it flew past him. It happened to land on the shoulder and neck area of the awaiting blue eyed boy.

"Shit," I whispered as my smile faded. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry sir," I gushed. I grabbed a towel and handed it to him.

"It's okay," he whispered as he started to dab himself. "I didn't really like this shirt anyways," he chuckled a bit. I nodded and laughed as he handed me the now cream covered towel.

"So, a french vanilla latte and a blueberry scone, correct?" I smiled. He nodded and I turned to get his order, but suddenly remembered something. "Um.. We're having troubles with the cream, so-"

"That's fine. I've already got a bit left on me," he smiled. I chuckled before grabbing a scone from the display case and getting his latte.

I ripped his receipt from the cash register and picked up pen.

Cream looks good on you. Call me sometime. (XXX) XXX-XXXX
-Mia x

I tucked it slightly under the napkin on his plate and carried his order to the pick up counter. "Here you go," I smiled. I set his order in front of him before turning around to be nailed in the side of my face by a pile of cream. "Tucker, what are you-"

"Hey!" I whipped my cream covered face around. "Cream looks good on you too," the blue eyed boy winked before striding off to find his seat.

One.