S2E6 ❂ Frenemy ❂

:•:•:•:

:•:•:•:

I run down the dark allyways of Beacon Hills. Stiles and Scott are right behind me in the Jeep. I jump over a chain link fence and spot Derek fighting the Kanima. As I run to them, I grab a piece of metal and jump in front of Derek, shielding him from the claws that were about to rip him apart.

"Dude, this thing would've killed you if I hadn't shown up! What were you thinking!?"

"I was handling it just fine on my own, y/n!" He says. "Go home, you could get hurt."

"Not a chance." I ram the side of the metal in the beasts head, sending him stumbling backwards. He falls to the ground and I straddle him, holding his wrists on the concrete.

"Look out!" Derek shouts and pulls me off of the Kanima just as the tail whips around and hits Derek, which would've been me. Derek flies through the air and hits a concrete column supporting the bridge above us.

"Now you've really pissed me off," I hiss, slashing the Kanima across the stomach.

Headlights illuminate us and Mr. Argent jumps out, shooting round after round into the creature. I quickly hide behind a crate out of Mr. Argent's sight, but I know he already saw me. The Kanima collapses to the ground and lies there still. Mr. Argent turns his back to the creature and looks around for me.

The figure of the Kanima rises behind him. He turns around to shoot, but he's either out of ammunition or his gun is jammed. The Kanima throws Mr. Argent up against the concrete.

"Damn it!" I shout, running out from my hiding spot and knocking the Kanima away from Mr. Argent just as it takes a swing at him. I pin it to the ground and growl in its face, digging my claws into the Kanima's wrists. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Gerard watching me. In that moment of distraction, the creature rolls me on my back and pins me to the ground, snapping its razor teeth in my face.

Scott runs over to me and shoves it off of me. The Kanima takes off deeper into the city and Scott runs after him. "You're welcome," I say, turning to Mr. Argent who's life I just saved, then run after Scott and the Kanima.

We poke our heads out from the corner of a brick building. Someone touches my shoulder, startling me. "Sorry, I'm sorry," Stiles apologizes for causing us to jump. "Did you see where he went?"

"We lost him," Scott sighs.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?"

"He doesn't seem to have one," I say.

"All right, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asks.

"To kill someone," I say. "Obviously."

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now," Stiles says sarcastically and I roll my eyes. "What? Guys, come on. I'm a hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone—sarcasm is my only defense!"