Chapter 1: Cold Night

It's a cold, dark night. The night is moody in Athens, a city in Ohio. We see people walking on the sidewalk, a couple enjoying a date with arms around their significant other, and a homeless man playing his flute. A man is seen buying a bottle of water at a refreshments stand. He puts his bottle on the edge of a table near the stand. We see water, on the bottle, moving down the bottle, reaching one of the table's sides. As a drop of water falls towards the ground, we cut to a drop of blood hitting the ground. We cut open and notice the mysterious location, a hotel room. In the room, everything is intact. The only mystery is the bloody body in the tub. Was this suicide? We cut back to the body and watch as the blood drops. Drop. We see a flashback of a young child made fun of by older middle school students. Drop. We see a flashback of the same child in a neighborhood, getting beat up in a fight with a older bully. Drop. We see a flashback of the child getting pushed onto a garage door by the older bully, and the child looks up in tears. Drop. We get a look at the bully. He's a tall kid with a mole on his left cheek, and he's wearing glasses. We cut to the body, again, but to the face. It's a young adult, wearing glasses, and he has a mole on his left cheek. The police burst into the hotel room, keeping an eye out, and scanning the room. One of them, a tomboy, enters the bathroom and discovers the body.

"Holy shit. Craig, take a look at this." The female cop alerts her scrawny partner.

"Holy fuck. Better call an ambulance." Craig looks at the body in disgust and fear. This is clearly his first day in the field. The ambulance arrives, sometime later, and we see the body getting put into the truck, in a body bag. We see an older woman, possibly fifties or sixties in age, crying as she sees the body being taken away. The female cop approaches her, calmly.

"You must be the man's mother. I'm Natasha." The cop introduces herself to the mother.

"Kaily." She looks towards the ambulance leaving. "He was so young." She starts to burst into more tears. "Who would do such a thing to my baby boy?" Natasha starts to rub Kaily's back for comfort.

"We'll find the person who did this." Natasha reassures Kaily and walks towards Craig, who just came back from the hotel. "Did you find anything?"

"It's clean, except for the blood. No clues." Craig, regretfully, responds.

"Damn it, we're back right where we fucking started." She looks at Kaily. "I want to question her, ask her questions related to the boy that could lead us to, I don't know, something." She approaches Kaily and tells her to come with the police. They drive off into darkness.