Chapter 5: Two Birds

It was modern day Athens, in the morning. A car rode up to a gate, with a sign that read Welcome to Athens City Asylum. A guard walked up to the car and knocked on the window.

"You must be the new security guard. Can I see your I.D.?" The guard said with a smile. The driver took out his identification card and handed it to the guard. He was wearing leather gloves. "Gideon Irons, is it? Welcome to the wonderful life of a security guard." The guard sarcastically remarked. The mysterious Gideon Irons drove into the prison. He looked precise and aware, all with a smile. There was a sense of mystery on his face. He looked determined and calculated. He walked into the surveillance room. Inside the room was another guard, who was older and wearied. He was just looking at the monitor screens, chuckling.

"You must be the main security guy. I'm Gideon Irons, the new guy." The man introduced himself.

"I am Jeffery Jenko, but everyone calls me Jeff. You can call me whatever the hell you want." Jeffery seemed like a nice guy.

"I saw you enjoying yourself while watching the feed. May I ask why?" Gideon, acting curious, asked Jeff.

"It amuses me how some of these people got here. For example, look at the fifth row, at screen number two. You see the guy with a tattoo on his face? He got in here for attempted rape in public. It's idiotic to commit a very shitty crime in public." Gideon looked amused, while Jeff enjoyed himself.

"What's his story? Row one, screen one. The tough looking one." Gideon looked interested.

"He is a very brutal man. He is a thief, murderer, and a big bully. He can take quite the beating and can still stand strong. He dropped out of high school in the tenth grade. He looks like he's around your age. Possibly mid-twenties." Jeff turned back to Gideon with a smile. He looked like he just made a new friend.

"Interesting. " Gideon then took out a knife and hid it behind his back. "What cell is he in?"

"His cell is in a secured section of the prison, for the much nuttier crazies. He's in cell six one six. Why?" Jeff, not suspecting anything, asked Gideon.

"It's personal." Gideon responded. He slit Jeff's throat. Blood poured on the "My Name is Jeff" tag on his uniform. Gideon, with a sinister look on his face, closed Jeff's eyes and said, "Thank you for your help." He walks out with Jeff's keys. He heads to a staircase that reads, "Containment Cells." He heads down and looks for his desired cell. Meanwhile, we go back to the security room, where another guard walks in. He sees the body.

"We have a problem." The guard speaks into his radio. We go back to Gideon, who is opening a containment door. He pushes the door over his head and locks it into place. As he does this, he has a sinister expression on his face.

"Who the fuck are you? Where is my god damn letter?" The prisoner looked irritated. His name tag read Toni Bullard.

"I want to grant you your freedom. But to get it, I ask of you to do something for me. Only then will you be free." Gideon responded. He looked trustworthy but the prisoner was still careful.

"Who the hell are you?" Toni asked.

"My name is Gideon. That name will not matter to you or anyone for that matter. What matters is what happens next. Do you want to be free, Mr. Bullard?" Gideon questioned Toni. Toni gave Gideon one good look.

"Yeah, I do. What do you want?" Toni looked willing and loyal. He was just given an opportunity to be free, and he's determined to take it.

"There is another security guard in this facility. I want you to kill him." Upon Gideon saying that, Toni smiled excitedly. Little did he know of his true fate. They both walk down the hall and up the stairs. They begin to sneak around. They head to the elevator and go two stories up. As they arrive, Toni leaves first and Gideon follows. They find the guard, who was wearing a mask. The guard's back faced them. Toni snuck up and slit the guard's neck with a knife Gideon gave him.

"There, job done. Now, get me out of here!" Toni, anxious, told Gideon. Gideon then stabs Toni in the chest.

"Two birds with one elaborate plan. Oh, Toni. You should of guessed that the guard was an old friend of yours from his name tag. I'm surprised you don't recognize me. I am Eliard Shawn, do you remember me?" Eliard bane-fully spoke to the dying Toni.

"You son of a bitch! That was years ago!" Toni then died. Gideon looked at his body.

"Well, to me, it was just yesterday." He took out the knife from Toni's lifeless body. The two dead men's blood touched each other. Eliard then proceeded into the elevator and the door closes shut.