3. THEN LEARN FLY

Luna's POV

We returned to school and Kenny told me about how the boys found him at the park and tried jumping him. Then he told me about how they posted the video. Then about how they threw a milk carton at him on the bus.

I was so embarrassed. My best friend is bullying my other friend. "Kenny i'm so fucking sorry. I swear I didn't know he would do this. I'll try talking to him, i'll help you figure it out."

"No it's okay, I found my own resolution, I got advice from my brother. "You went to visit him at the jail?" "Yeah, I got my moms permission and went on the bus." I smiled happy that he could finally talk to family about it.

What I didn't know, is that this would be the beginning of the worst thing ever.

♥︎

I was at Anthony's house. His parents were hosting a dinner, I was invited. Of course I came, I had to talk to Anthony.

Anthony and I made our way up to his room. "Hey, um can we talk?" He asked me, before I could ask him.

"I was going to ask you the same thing, so yeah sure." Anthony shut his door and came and sat with me on his bed.

"Luna I feel bad." "What, why? Are you okay? Do you feel sick?" "No, no, not physically bad, like emotionally."

I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. He took a deep breath and exhaled. "You probably already know that the boys and I have been giving Kenny a hard time.."

I nodded. "He's mentioned it a couple of times." "Luna, I feel terrible. I don't want to keep doing this, I want it to stop."

"Why did you even do it to begin with?" He looked down at his hands. "I've always been the weird kid, and I used to get bullied. I just wanted to impress the boys so that I could be popular and cool."

"But that one day at the park, I realized it wasn't simple name calling anymore, they actually want to hurt him, and I can't."

I looked at Anthony and I felt my eyes soften. He was being genuine, he never brings up the bullying unless he's being honest about something.

"Why would you try to impress those asswipes anyways? They're not cool, nor funny. They're disgusting and disrespectful pieces of shit. And you're nothing like that."

"I don't know how to stop it, and I really want to. I just don't know how." I looked at him. "I'll help you I promise, but I don't think things will end well if you keep it up."

Anthony looked at me, clearly distraught. Our conversation was interrupted by Sam telling us dinner was ready.

I grabbed my chocolate milk and began heading downstairs with Anthony trailing behind me.

"Um, what the hell are you doing here?" Anthony said to a tall blonde man in his kitchen.

"I was invited...who the hell are you?" The man stopped what he was doing and turned to us. "Wait. Are you the son?" He looked at Anthony as if inspecting him.

Anthony had the funniest look on his face. "What'd you do? Switch over to whopper jrs?" My jaw dropped and Anthony's face became annoyed.

"It's called a growth spurt. Dipshit." He scoffed and began walking. "Ugh, still a piece of crap." I giggled and walked with Anthony towards the dining table.

The adults, and Sam and Miguel, began talking about who knows what but I just went on my phone under the table.

Teo and I had been talking on Instagram, he's my celebrity crush. Of course I'm freaking out. He's a really cool guy tho.

TeoBriones
so that guy in your comments,
Anthony I believe, is he your
boyfriend?

LunarEclipse
no :(
he's my bestfriend, but i do
have a crush on him

TeoBriones
does he like you back?

LunarEclipse
apparently not, i think
he likes my other
best friend, Lia

TeoBriones
yikes, i'm sorry

LunarEclipse
it's ok, i'm over it
as of right now

TeoBriones
so Lia, does she like
Anthony?

LunarEclipse
i honestly have no
clue, Anthony isn't
always our main
topic

TeoBriones
this whole situation
seems very confusing.
how do you feel

LunarEclipse
i mean i can't exactly
be hurt, he's not my
boyfriend but a part
of me is, you know, cause
he's been my friend
for like ever and i really
like him

TeoBriones
i'm so offended,
i thought we had
something between
us Luna </3

LunarEclipse
sorry, beloved.
Anthony LaRusso
is the owner of
my heart

TeoBriones
im okay with being
a side piece 😮‍💨
im just joking,
but seriously,
try talking to him
about it, maybe
things aren't exactly
as they seem,
he seemed pretty
protective of you
in those comments

LunarEclipse
you're right.
i'll try it,
thanks teo <3

TeoBriones
of course, and
while we're taking
relationship
advice, can i ask
you for some?

LunarEclipse
MATEO JUSTIS
BRIONES, THAT
SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
WAS FOR SOMEONE
WHO ISNT ME??

TeoBriones
i'm just stuck on how
you know my full
name..

♥︎

The dinner was over, Miguel and his mom offered to take me back to Lia's which I happily accepted.

"Bye ugly!" Anthony turned to me with a glare. His face then softened as he began walking toward me. "Bye, pretty lady."

I froze as Anthony pulled me into a hug. He smiled at me after we let go. "I'll see you tomorrow, oh and tell Teo to back off."

I looked at him confused. "What, why?" He looked at me as if I had asked him the stupidest thing ever.

He sighed and said "never mind". I shrugged. "Let's go, Luna!" Ms.Díaz said. I nodded at her.

"Bye, Antonio."

♥︎

EM's NOTES

ok so, basically, there's a couple of episodes in which Anthony isn't in them. should i skip them? that means there will be less chapters. OR, i can make the episodes into my own chapter, but they'll be way shorter..? up to you guys let me know in the comments!