chapter 3

The night was falling again. ¨it's better if we rest and continue our mission tomorrow.¨ ¨ I agree we have been walking for hours, but we will be there soon. Im sure of it¨ Madeleine responded. ¨we don't know how far it is and its dangerous at night lets find a place to sleep for now we will see tomorrow.¨ espresso placed his tent and went searching for some dry wood. Madeleine sighed and placed his tent as well. ¨Is it that hard to just have a conversation with me¨ he muttered under his breath. Madeleine sat on one of the loges waiting on Espresso to return. ¨whats taking him so long?¨ madeleine stood up walking into the forest. Meanwhile espresso was trying to fight off a small group of cakehounds with the little energy he had, he released a explosion attack on them but it was only strong enough to weaken them. Espresso was completely exhausted due to the lack of food, sleep and caffeine. Madeleine heard the explosion running towards it. ¨Espresso, everything alright?¨ Madeleine quickly grabbed his sword defeating the cakes, he turned to Espresso. ¨Everything alright? Why didn't you call for help?¨ He didn't respond and tried to stay stable on his feet only to fall to his knees. ¨…¨ The knight rushed up to him. ¨ Are you alright? are you hurt anywhere?¨ He asked worried, ¨im fine,- just.. exhausted¨ the mage responded. Madeleine picked him up carrying him to the camp. ¨i assure you i'm in perfect condition to walk-.¨ ¨you look like you have not slept in weeks, i will take care of you.¨ Madeleine responded determinedly. Espresso looked away, it may have been not weeks but it most certainly was more then 5 days without his daily caffeine he knew he would not last long awake. Espresso took a deep breath ¨as i said i am completely okay, despite that it has not been my first time.¨ Madeleine placed him on a lodge. ¨What do you mean by that?¨ ¨i am a coffee cookie it's normal for me to stay up for days perhaps weeks if needed.¨ ¨i know that you are a coffee breed but that is no excuse to stay up for days let alone weeks, that's not healthy¨ Madeleine responded looking at him. Espresso avoided all eye contact. ¨its needed for my studies and experiments i'm used to it, and it's none of your concern what my health is like.¨  ¨Well ain't it too bad we are on a mission together, so now it is my concern. Common Espresso you can't avoid me forever-¨ ¨even if we are here does not devine the fact that i do not wish to be here, instead I wish this to be over as soon as possible. Can't you see. I hate being around you.¨ Espresso looked up into Madeleine's eyes, he looked hurt. He noticed Espresso looked and put up his usual grin.  ¨i- understand, but it's too late to return now so lets just make the best of it, and being grumpy all the time won't help!¨ Espresso started feeling nauseous-. ¨i think ill be heading to the tent-¨ He stood up but was pushed back by Madeleine. ¨is it really that hard to just talk to me? What have I ever done to you?¨ Espresso could not hear him clearly and his vision started to spin. ¨can we please discuss this later.-¨ He said, trying to get away. ¨Fine if you want to be alone so bad, just don't count on me helping you again. Espresso stood up barely making it to his tent passing out directly. with a small thud he fell down. Madeleine went to his tent as well, sleeping quite fastly.