References

A lot of people don't know this, but there are a lot of references to other things in this book. See if you can find them all. Here is a complete list, will be updated as more of the story comes out. Hope you guys are liking Charmed, and remember to read, vote, comment, and enjoy :) ~Derpy

1. Grace's character is a mixture of the personalities of Luce Price from Fallen, Lena Duchannes from Beautiful Creatures, and Disney princesses Jasmine, Ariel, Rapunzel, Tiana, and Elsa.
2. The Ashcroft family is based off of the Davenport family form Disney XD's show Lab Rats.
3. Almost every character in this book has a real life connection. For example, Eva and Nina are the book versions of my best friends. Amy is based off of what a Barbie doll would really act like in a high school situation. I'm not gonna ramble. On to number four!
4. The moon pool comes from a show called H20, just add water. I used to watch it when I was younger, and the idea of it was just...weird. Google it. It's actually kinda cool. The moon pool in charmed is a normal pool that looks pretty when the moon shines on it. :)
5. Grace is supposed to be the "ultimate Disney Princess". She has attributes of a lot of them. She is a curious mermaid, like Ariel, loves to read like Belle, wants to explore like Jasmine, won't let anything stop her like Tiana, has ice powers, and problems to match them like Elsa, and wants to see (and stay in) the light, like Rapunzel.
6. Grace's flashback in the rose book was based off of Cinderella.
7. Slight spoiler: all of Grace's flashbacks will have a Disney reference. They won't be as obvious as the first one though. Try to guess before reading the list below. The list says what story/movie they'll be based off of.
Cinderella
The Little Mermaid
Sleeping Beauty
Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Frozen

8. Matthias Armel is based off of Tadashi Hamada from Big Hero 6.
9. Vera is based off of Violet from the Incredibles.
10. Zanthor is based off of all of the charismatic Disney villains. By charismatic, I mean, they're funny and sarcastic, and you kinda have to like them until they go psycho and try to murder the main character. You guys haven't met him yet, but I bet you'll love him. Honestly he's kinda like a modern Hades. In the book, he's like the evil guy, he has an army of demons, he's short tempered, and funny. (I.e. Ursula, Hades, Scar, Dr. Facilier etc.)
11. This book was also slightly inspired by the Lorien Legacies series. I recommend it, it's great :)
12. The cosplay scene in Chapter 26 was a hint to one of my favorite YouTubers, SuperMaryFace. She does a lot of co splays, photo shoots, and make up tutorials. I'm not a big fan of makeup and stuff like that (I'm a tomboy, deal with it), but she pulls off everything she does very well. I think my favorite displays by her were Hatsune Miku, Jared Leto 75th anniversary Joker, Poison Ivy, Ariel The Little Survivor Captain Planet, R2-D2 and so many more. Make sure you subscribe to her to see these amazing looks.

More coming soon...