Last weeks of Summer

~Zephyra~

The past month, even before Harry's arrival had been busy. Since joining the Order, Sirius, Remus, Moody and whoever else was around had taken it upon themselves to train me.

The training mainly included duelling and, to my dismay, Occlumency. I'd been improving at both but still only allowed Sirius to be the one to enter my mind. I never wanted to be in the same position as last time. 

The first meeting after Harry arrived arguments broke out...

"Why shouldn't he join?" Sirius said sternly. "Everything that we talk about concerns him!"

"He's a boy, Sirius. A child. He's not James!" Mrs Weasley yelled. At that, I saw Sirius' lip tremble only for him to suck it into his mouth and look at her with utter fury. I reached under the table and clasped his hand, hoping to provide some comfort.

"Do you think I don't know that?" Sirius whispered in a deadly tone. 

He strained, about to stand but Remus beside him stopped him with a quiet, "sit down, Sirius." To my surprise, Sirius listened. 

The door clanged open to reveal Harry himself, with a look of quiet determination on his face. "I think I have the right to decide for myself," he said firmly. 

Behind him stood the Weasley children, Fred shuffling the extendable ear they must have been using behind his back furtively.

"Harry," Mrs Weasley breathed placatingly. "You're still young, you don't understand the consequences such a decision could have - "

"I could die, right?" He cut in. "Or someone I love. I could be left alone or tortured. I know. I want it anyway because whether you allow me in this room or not I'll end up being a part of the war so I might as well be informed about it."

Sirius leant back, a grunt of agreement the only noise to interrupt the silence that followed Harry speaking. 

Dumbledore was sat at the end of the table. He hadn't uttered a word since Harry had walked in. 

"As no legal guardian is here to make decisions for you then it is up to you," Dumbledore said. Harry nodded, walking further into the room. I pulled out the chair next to me and gestured for him to sit down. He ignored Mrs Weasley's continued arguments as he walked. 

"We're joining too!" Fred and George said. I tried not to groan. I didn't want them in harms way. With Harry it was sort of inevitable but with them...

"Absolutely not!" Mrs Weasley said, outraged. 

"Mum," whined George. 

"You need people of intelligence on this sort of thing," Fred added. 

"That rules you out then," Moody ruffed. 

"We know how to sneak around - " George said.

"Break rules - " Fred added.

"Annoy Slytherins. No offence Zeph - " George continued.

"We would be an asset!" 

"No!" Mrs Weasley said again. 

Arthur placed a hand on her arm. "Molly dear, they are adults now. They don't need your permission if they're serious."

"We want in too!" Ron said, gesturing to himself and Hermione. 

"I'll just tell them what's said here anyway," Harry informed everyone, which made Moody grumble something about 'secrecy'.

"Not Ginny! She's too young," Mrs Weasley argued and Arthur agreed. She looked put out but went upstairs.

Fred, George, Ron and Hermione pulled up chairs, looking a little excited. Dumbledore continued talking about Fudge and the ministry - they refused to believe that Voldemort was back. He continued talking about issues, people chipping in and offering ideas and plans.