Maybe it is fate

This is just a filling chapter I'm sorry

18.02.2022

POV Mariano

University was going great and he had found a friend in Kilian, but he missed home. He missed Spain, he missed his parents, he missed his siblings, he missed Thiago and Fernando, he missed their dogs, but mostly he missed Inano.

He missed the one person he couldn't get back. And he hated it. The feeling of emptiness only grew with every single day, but he also knew that not staying in Spain and getting some time off, if you want, was important.

He needed to find himself again, before he would be able to go back. Before he could face his favourite city and all its surroundings again. Too many memories there that were still too painful.

Mariano sat down on the bench he sat on every other day, admiring the view. It helped cleaning his head and working his thoughts out.

"Hi"

He turned at the sound of a strangely familiar voice. Standing next to him was the same guy from two weeks ago with his dog again.

"Hello"

The other was a calming presence for him and it kind of scared him, because if he was being honest he didnt even remember the others name, just how pleasant their little chat was.

The other wasn't in sport clothes this time, but wearing a coat and a scarf that covered almost half of his face, so it took him a minute to recognise the other.

"Can I sit down?"

Mariano just nodded. He was fine with company normamly, he was Spanish and had three siblings after all. He wasn't really used to silence.

"Didn't want to freeze to death today?"

The blue-eyed man just chuckled lightly, a soft blush spread across his cheeks that could as well be from the cold.

"I already went for a run today, but this one here needed to get out again."

The man next to him petting his dog reminded him so badly of his own dogs he was close to crying again. Apparently the shift in his mood didn't go unnoticed.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little homesick. Missing my own dogs and my family."

And my boyfriend. If he could still call Nano his boyfriend. Mariano used to love Nano always being the centre of his thoughts, but now it was exhausting, and he wasn't sure how many tears he had left to cry.

"Uhm so this may sound weird, Mick awkwardly rubbed his hands together and focused his eyes on Angie rolling in the snow, "but you could come home with us. Like obviously not forever, you know. Just for some Coffee or I dont know what you like. We could watch a film or yeah. Never mind it was a dumb idea anyway."

Mariano wasn't able to say anything. He saw Mick fidgeting around, but he couldnt bring himself to care.

He had no idea how he was supposed to interpret that offer. Was it just a friendly offer or was there more behind it? Because he certainly wasn't ready for more.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to jump you like that I swear, I just enjoy talking to you and we can also just exchange numbers or just pretend that this conversation never happened."

all I ever wanted was to see you happy so please let yourself be happy.

He could practically see the words swimming in front of his eyes. Making another friend couldn't be that bad, right?

"I think we could do that yeah.", he said reluctantly and pulled out his phone, to hold it out to Mick.

The other took it with shaking hands and typed a number into it, before handing the phone back to him.

"Thank you", Mick murmured

It was kind of amusing seeing the other one so obviously insecure about all of this, but it was also kind of cute even though he didn't let himself think that far. It was way too soon for that.

A loud bark pulled Mariano out of his thoughts.

"I think she wants to go home. Text me."

"Will do"

He watched Mick leave with his dog. He really needed to call his siblings again and force them into sending him more dog pictures. Really it was a necessity.