Chapter 17 Guardians of the Sky

Beastman Kingdom

In the northeast of the realm of the beastman lies a great mountain called Mount Korab. No demihuman dared to approach this place because this mount was the home of the Volcanic Dragon Lord, Mordo Flakë Zell, and his great family of the fire dragons. This family now might be considered as a giant tribe because the number of the fire dragons in this mountain was 5000, but the Volcanic Dragon Lord still called this a great family.

Five hundred years ago, Mordo didn't want to fight against the Eight Greed Kings, and because of that, the Dragon Emperor banished him from the Draconic Empire and called all his kin low dragons. To be called a low dragon was like to be called a wyvern. The dragons never had respect for the wyverns because they were considered a disgusting breed.

Mordo didn't care what the other Dragon Lords said about him. He took all his family and traveled mountain to mountain until he reached Mount Korab. There he began to raise the number of his kin, reaching a tremendous number that no one would believe. Many of his children were at an age that might become Dragon Lords and Mordo was proud of what he has achieved.

He didn't stop his children to leave the mount. The doors were always open, but the children loved their father and stayed to protect the family from any possible threat. Sometimes they fight with the tribe of the thunder dragons because of the food, but it never ends with death because the adult dragons intervene and stop the fight.

Four young fire dragons were guarding the entrance inside the mountain. The color of their scales was reddish dark and had golden eyes. Three of them were 100 years old and the other was 180 years old. There should always be an older dragon with the young dragons but still 180 years old was too young for a dragon.

"Oii Tiro, can I go now. I need to sleep, HAAAAA." spoke the young dragon.

"Just wait a little more, stupid little brother."

"But we have been guarding this place for a long time."

"You fool! Dangerous monsters might attack us if we don't guard here."

"Dangerous monsters like what?"

"Like the Eight Greed Kings."

Two of the young dragons shocked when they heard what he said and they turned their head to Tiro. The Eight Greed Kings were known by young dragons, because of the tales that are told by their parents. They feared the greed kings because they almost killed all the dragons in the past. Even the Dragon Lords that were known as the strongest beings in the world weren't a match for those powerful monsters.

"Ah, again with those eight fools! Greed kings here, greed kings there, greed kings did this, greed kings did that, shut the hell up with this bullshit! It's getting old."

"Brother, you should not say that. Many brave dragons died at the hands of those monsters."

"That's right! They died fighting and our father ran away like a coward-

At the moment he said the last word, Tiro hits him with his tail in the head and caused him to fall on the ground.

"If it wasn't for our father, we wouldn't be here right now. Don't you ever talk about our father with that language! Do you understand?"

"I-I'm sorry, I went too far."

The young dragon lowered his head from the scolding. If he keeps acting like this, one day he will leave his family.

"Brothers…

"Do you want to leave us? Do it! We won't stop you."

"Brothers…