2. TWENTY YEARS LATER

TWENTY YEARS LATER, UNKNOWN LOCATION; 2016

General Dreykov stood in front of a wall of screens. His usually composure nowhere to be seen. The man was restless his hair out of place sweat beading on his forehead and his shirt creased. Two armed guards flank him close by dressed in a swat gear they are heavily loaded, a rifle in each of their arms. Three young girls stand a distance away, appearing to be in a range of age from 19-24. On the screen pictures of carnage and destruction flashed by. Bodies lie mutilated, bloody scenes left behind. Fires and explosions. Footage of unidentified people killing violently and efficiently.

Bruce winced at the images and shared a frown with his family. Whoever did this was organised and obviously a threat. He sighed quietly at the thought of yet another villain to deal with. He glanced over at the others sat together. He didn't know what to think of them quite yet.

Damian leaned forward curious at the work on screen. The effectiveness of the kills not going unnoticed. It was similar to his grandfather's. That couldn't mean anything good.

John was worried. No doubt about it. His daughter, his poor daughter who he had spent years searching for had been betrayed by a man who was supposed to be her father. He tried desperately not to be jealous about that. Here she was tricked into a life of violence. Seeing the pictures he knew no good could come from this. He flinched slightly when an hand clasped his shoulder but relaxed when he saw it was only Thomas.

"Relax John, She'll be alright. She's strong." He murmured quietly, but he wasn't sure. He didn't even know if she had managed to survive whatever happened after Cuba.

"Why was I not informed of this before?" Dreykov spat enraged his face twisted grotesquely in anger. He looked around the room threateningly waiting for an answer he wouldn't receive . He gestured at one of the widows who straightened. Her face remained carefully blank but her eyes shone with uncertainty. Stomach churning with fear. She walked to him slowly stopping by him. The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

"I need this taken care off. Immediately, if it gets into the wrong hands. Everything will fall apart. I did not rebuild to be taken down by some inadequate traitor." His voice raising into a yell his body trembling in rage. He turned away from the widow deep breathes escaping him before glancing at her once mote dismissively.

"Get me the red widow." Dreykov snarled turning away and back to the screens, glaring up at them fiercely.

The girl scowled hatefully at his words but nodded obediently at him. "Yes sir." She said obediently. As she exited the room anger took over her features openly as she walked.

The name and the girls reaction made everyone interested. Ada frowned to herself this couldn't be anything good.

The girl seethed as she walked briskly, with how angry he was it wasn't a good idea not to keep him waiting. Of course he wanted her. What was so special about a 15 year old girl that made her the one picked most. It wasn't fair.