1. Lightning Strikes!

January 28th 2010

Isaac Wells sighed as he took another sip of his beer while he was watching a press conference on his TV. The press conference was about Tony Stark and how a mysterious man was seen wearing advanced armour of some sort.

"And now, Mr Stark has prepared a statement. He will not be taking any questions. Thank you."

Tony Stark walked onto the stage after that announcement and almost immediately he was bombarded with camera flashes and questions causing Isaac to roll his eyes, paparazzi never listen.

"Been a while since I was in front of you. I figure I'll stick to the cards this time. There's been speculation that I was involved in the events that occurred on the freeway and the rooftop..."

A reporter buts in,

"I'm sorry, Mr Stark, but do you honestly expect us to believe that that was a bodyguard in a suit that conveniently appeared, - despite the fact that you...-"

"I know that it's confusing. It is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely to make wild accusations, or insinuate that I'm a superhero."

"I never said you were a superhero," The reporter bluntly replied with.

"Didn't? Well, good, because that would be outlandish and fantastic. I'm just not the hero type. Clearly. With this laundry list of character defects, all the mistakes I've made, largely public."

Beside him, an African American man whispered in his ear, "Just stick to the cards, man."

Tony looks at him and mutters, "Yeah, okay. Yeah."

Before he looked directly into the camera that was broadcasting this conference around the globe.

"The truth is...

I am Iron Man."