001

Tick tock, tick tock.

I listen to the sound of the clock ticking instead of listening to today's lecture. Oh well.

"You may start cleaning up," The teacher says and everyone sighs. "However Adalind, I need you to stay after class."

I scoff and throw myself back into the seat. I just want to fucking go to lunch. The bell rings and I watch as the other students happily run out of this hell hole.

"Adalind, although you have some...behavioral issues, ive chosen you to help with showing around a new student." I groan.

"Why would I do that? I'm not a baby sitter and you can easily find someone else, hell anyone else, that would happily do this."

The teacher clears her throat before she begins to pace the room with her head held high. "I've chosen you to help this student because you yourself know what it's like to be at a new school..."

I wonder what's for lunch, I hope it's delicious unlike yesterday's chili... Did I take the trash out this morning?

Probably not.

I glance back up at Ms.Harp and notice the old hag looking at me angrily. "You didn't hear a thing I just said, did you?!"

I glare at her, SIT YOUR ASS DOWN AND LET ME LEAVE ALREADY. Ms.Harps eyes fog over for a split second.

"Well miss Monroe," She says as she takes a seat behind her desk. "You may leave."

What. The. Fuck. Just. Happened.

After sitting there in awe, I quickly grab my bag and rush out of the class. This has happened before in the past.

Sometimes I'll think of what I want someone to do and they'll randomly do it without me having to tell them. It's weird but I think it may just be a coincidence.

"Aye, Adalind!" My best friend, Nova, hollers from our usual table. "Hey, Nova." I sit down on the bench and toss my goldfish at her.

"Where's Judith? She's usually with you." Nova says after a couple minutes of silence.

"Hell if I know. I haven't seen her all day."

"No need to be snappy, Adalind. What happened?" Nova snaps back. I shake my head and look at the ceiling.

"Long story short, Ms.Harp is a bitch." Nova raises her eyebrow as she sips her milk.

"So.....you're in a bad mood.... because of a teacher?" I nod my head and Nova laughs. "That's school for ya."

I laugh as well and pull out my phone and go to my messages. I shoot Judith a text saying-

ME-Dude, where the hell are you??

Right after I sent that text, the devil herself sits down besides me.

"Hey hoes."

"Hey," Nova and I say at the same time. "I just texted your ass." Judith pulls out her phone and laughs. "You look like shit." I say bluntly and she laughs more.

Nova groans. "Are you fucking high? "

"No," I instantly reply. "She's hungover." Last night, Judith called me saying 'If Peeta and Katniss were real people in Hollywood, we'd be calling them KatPee or PeeNiss', atleast that's what it sounded like.