On A Monday?

Chapter 24

"Kai!"

Soobin had taken it upon himself to clear the crowd, telling them to leave. Soobin was never one to panic, but he seemed to be pretty panicked at the moment. He couldn't come up with any coherent reason for these people to leave, other than the fact that he asked them to.

You had pushed through the crowd to Kai's side, helping him sit up, immediately wrapping your arms around his sobbing form. He hugged you back weakly. A weak hug was still a hug. He buried his head in your shoulder. You could feel his tears through the shirt of your uniform. It's not like you cared much.

"(Y/N), let's take him to a classroom," Soobin suggested, his voice no more than a whisper.

"Cmon Kai," you mumbled, helping him stand up. He just didn't want to stop hugging you. You shifted so that he could put his hands on your stomach, just like he always loved doing and then you took him to a classroom.

Taehyun had found you on your way into the classroom. He had gotten held behind in a group of people attempting to ask him questions. I guess this was one of the few times where being out of the spotlight was good.

When you came to a stop in the empty classroom, Kai immediately shifted back to hugging you, attempting to regain his steady breathing. You hugged back, exchanging worried glances with Soobin and Taehyun.

When Kai was finally breathing steadily again, he loosened his grip and stepped away from you. His red puffy eyes broke your heart. The way he sniffled and wiped his face hurt you. You felt the sudden urge to find whoever did this to Kai and make them regret it.

"Do you feel okay telling us what happened?" You asked.

Kai took a second, sitting on the top of a desk, nodding. He took in a deep breath and explained what happened. You were livid. Not only did they say some creepy shit about you, but they also made Kai cry, and that wasn't okay. Not in the fucking slightest.

"What were their names Kai, do you know their names?" Soobin asked, taking a step closer.

Kai wiped his eyes one more time, making them even more red. He was still sniffling and his voice was wavering. He told Soobin their names and Soobin left the room immediately, despite Kai calling out to him several times, saying it was fine.

"Kai, you know I love you, right?" You asked, placing your hands on his shoulders. "And you're my best friend and I would never leave you for anyone?"

He gave a small nod. He couldn't even bare to meet your eyes. He stared at the floor the entire time, refusing to look up. Kai was ashamed. He let them get to him and people had seen him crying. Not even just people. You. You had seen him crying and he hated himself for making you worry. He hated that you even had to be doing this for him right now.

"Look me in the eyes," you demanded, giving his arms a light squeeze. He reluctantly dragged his gaze from the floor to your eyes. "You are handsome, your voice is amazing, your laugh is the only sound that can make me instantly happy, and you don't need to change a thing. Okay?"

He replied with a nod again, pulling you in for another hug. You could hear him starting to sniffle again.

"Kai! No! Don't cry! If you cry, I'll cry," you pouted, squeezing him tighter.

The hug lasted a good minute. When you finally let him go, he wasn't sniffling anymore. His eyes were red and puffy and his breathing was starting to steady itself.

"Are you feeling better Kai?" Taehyun asked. For a split second, you forgot he was even in the room.

"Yeah. Way better," he smiled, wiping his dry eyes one last time for good measure.