Electric Blue Hand

Chapter 33

"Beomgyu, stop crying, it's literally just grey colouring," you sighed as Beomgyu sobbed while you applied the silver dye to his hair.

"It feels like instead of colouring my hair, you're colouring my forehead," he sobbed, tightly clutching the towel that was draped around his shoulders.

"You're so melodramatic. I'll make sure your forehead isn't grey but if you keep moving, it'll be more than just your forehead that's grey," you threatened, massaging the dye into his previously blonde hair. "Just be glad I'm colouring Yeonjun's hair blue instead of yours. He really took the hit for you. You should appreciate him," you told Beomgyu, squeezing more dye into the unsaturated parts of his hair.

"I have a new appreciation for him after today," Beomgyu sighed, looking down at his fingers that fiddled with the towel.

After a few minutes of making sure every hair on his head was saturated, the silence outside the bathroom was starting to scare you. You slipped the dye covered gloves off of your hand, observing the silver splotches all over your hand that somehow got through the glove, and you peeked out of the door to see Kai rubbing Soobin's stomach- no one is surprised, but you still felt slightly betrayed- and Yeonjun sitting beside Taehyun, completely opposite of Soobin.

You knew that they hadn't made much progress. So far, the only solid evidence of progress was the fact that Soobin agreed with Yeonjun that one time a few days ago. They still refused to stand together and would only dance together if they absolutely had to. You sighed deeply. You didn't want to interfere because you knew that wouldn't make things better, but you wanted the two to be friends. Getting 2 people who hate each other to like each other wasn't easy. It had been over a month with the two in a group and they still hated each other so much. They were being civil but that could only work for so long.

"Are you done with my hair? Can you clean my forehead and ears please?" Beomgyu asked, tearing you from your thoughts.

You nodded, turning back from him and pushing yourself off of the door frame. You cleaned his forehead, making sure that no bits of his skin were dyed. You bit the inside of your cheek, deep in thought.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit absent minded," Beomgyu informed you.

"Oh. Sorry, guess I'm just in my own thoughts," you chuckled, finishing up all of the cleaning you needed to do for his forehead.

"What're you thinking about?" He asked, turning to face you, still gently holding the ends of the towel that was draped around his neck. "You can tell me."

"I'm just thinking about how much longer Soobin and Yeonjun will be at odds," you sighed, rubbing your forehead with your palm, trying to ease the future headache.

"I wouldn't interfere with the two of them. It always seems to make it worse. I think the best we can do is just hope that the two can overcome their differences." Beomgyu was right. You knew you couldn't force them to be friends. You could force them to be civil, but forcing them to agree with each other was impossible. "You have dye on your forehead," he mumbled, releasing the towel from his grip, letting it fall off his shoulders.

He grabbed a cloth and wet it swiftly, placing his hand on your chin and gently wiping the dye off of your forehead. You hadn't even realized you got it there. When he stepped back, you took a look in the mirror and it was all gone but the silver stained cloth proved that it had been there previously. Beomgyu picked up his towel and draped it over his shoulders again and left the washroom.

The next person who entered was Soobin. You wanted to do a funky flashy colour, but he had informed you that he had a big meeting with other student body presidents in the division and he wanted to seem professional, so you decided to dye his hair black. You wanted to have some variety. Beomgyu and Yeonjun were changing their hair colour and Kai and Taehyun were growing theirs out since they weren't allowed to dye their hair. Soobin couldn't be the only one with the same hair.