Wait a Minute

It's getting cold. The heat systems have mostly shut off for the night, and Mimi wasn't made to handle that. Sort of an oversight in the staff bot hardware, but he's learned to make do with it. Usually it's by huddling up to the charging stations. But right now, he just needs to find any of the animatronics.

Freddy tends to leave his door unlocked whenever possible, partially to interact with other folks around the plex and partially to let him in for heat reasons. So he's the first one. But that's not entirely ideal right now, because he's the only one who wouldn't know about this. But it does mean Mimi won't need to talk to anyone he's not used to.

He knocked on the door to Freddy's room, the chill of the night starting to catch up. And to his delight, the door actually opened- sometimes he has to use a photo pass.

"Woah, you okay? Couldn't find the staff bot pile?" Freddy asked, immediately taking note of the cold bot in front of him and pulling him close. Sent Mimi for a loop again, but it helped with the cold.

"Found something. Probably not good." Mimi managed to say, despite the cuddle he's in with the bear. He held up the usb as he did.

"Hmm? Oh- I don't know what that is. Well, I know it's a usb, but... I don't know what it's for." Freddy took it into his hand and looked at it, seeing his name. "Oh. I'll take your word for it not being good, but why would it be for me specifically? Were there any more?"

"No others. Security guard's. Moon had idea. Do others have them?" Mimi answered, very much enjoying the heat right now. But the concern was still a major prevalence.

"Actually, that's a good question. I'll go ask around. Will you be okay in here for a bit or should I bring you with me?" Freddy didn't want the map bot to overchill while he asked around. But Mimi responded with a nod and holding up one finger- showing he should be fine to stay. These rooms tend to be heated a bit.

"Okay. I'll be back, okay?" Freddy said, heading out to show this to the other three animatronics. And possibly Sun as well, just in case. The agg was especially worrying to him... it was an abbreviation for something. But he didn't know what it was.

Roxy gave a grumble as Freddy knocked on and opened her door- turning around to see him holding something. It wasn't quite clear even to her from this distance, partially because large bear hands.

"What is that? And is it really so important you couldn't have gotten me later?" She asked, a bit annoyed. She has some things to do, dangit.

"Mimi found a usb at Vanessa's station. This one has my name on it, so I was going to ask if you ever got one like it." Freddy answered, walking in to show her. The lettering was a bit smudged now, but it was still readable.

"Freddy agg... if I got one of those, I don't remember it. Sorry about that. Oh, and if you're asking everyone- definitely knock before you head into Monty's room. He punches things and I can hear it." She said to him. The sass was gone, up until the end. But at that point it's understandable. She didn't even bother asking who Mimi was.

"Oh. Good to know, and thanks." Dang. So Roxy doesn't know. Freddy had a feeling the rest may not either... but it's still worth a shot.

Chica's room was up next, and Freddy entered in the same way. She was apparently practicing her guitar and nearly broke a string from the surprise, but other than that was mostly calm.

"Is something wrong? You usually don't come around like this." She asked. Her voice was not quite the same as it originally had been, but it was close enough. She was still tuning it a bit.

"I was wondering if you got one of these. Roxy didn't remember, and I'm assuming it's true for you as well. But it never hurts to check!" Freddy showed her the usb as well.

Chica stared at it for a while, looking disappointed and sighing as she handed it back. "Sorry. I haven't even seen one like that in the trash. I would have definitely kept it if I did though."

"That's alright. As I said, it's better to ask!" Freddy didn't show the fact he was upset. And worried, for that matter. Monty may be a hard one though. He had noticed the spite... especially on that final course.

But, he still tried. He knocked again, waiting for an answer before entering. Sure, it was "WHAT?!" being screamed at him, but it was an answer.

"Just wanted to ask something. Did you ever get something like this from Vanessa? Or anyone, really?" Freddy was staying wary, but Monty seemed to have calmed down.

"Hmm... nah, if I got one I'd have probably smashed it. I'm good as I am! And I don't trust that woman one bit." Monty answered. He looked irritated at his own answer though. "Did none of the others have one either?"

"No, not that was found. I'll ask Sun next though. Moon apparently had the idea to ask around, but Sun may have the other half to the information." This was becoming hopeless. The only clue they have, and there's nothing else. "Thanks for the help though."

"No prob, Fredbear. Sorry for screaming at ya by the way." Monty was a lot calmer at least, so that was something.

The last attempt. Sun. They're the least likely to have anything, but again. Better to ask and get nothing than miss something important. He just couldn't go all the way in.

Freddy leaned over the rail, Sun running up to meet him. Just the fact the star of the show was here meant something was going on, so they looked worried.

"Is everything okay? Is someone sad? Or scared?" Sun wanted to cover all the bases. Who knows what's going on.

"Actually, I was wondering if you ever got something like this. Or found one, even. Either or." Freddy reached down to show Sun, who held it and looked at from several angles. But once they found the writing, he seemed to perk up a bit. Or at least catch onto something.

"Yes! Yes actually! One of the kids yesterday had one of these and almost tried to chew on it! I have no idea how it got in here, I think I remember where I put it-" Sun began to look through his room behind the poster, coming back out with a similar usb. This one was labeled 'Moon agg.'

"Really? That's... I'm not sure if it's good or bad. And that one was meant just for Moon it seems. That's odd." Freddy took notice immediately. What were these for?

Well, the lights dimmed as the end of the hour came. Freddy gave Sun a bit to settle down and make the change to Moon less painful, holding onto the usb until the chance was given.

"Hey Moon. Sun actually found one of those usbs for you apparently. Do you remember it at all?" He asked once it was completed. A bit surprising to witness, but it was normal.

"Huh? Oh- hold on." Moon looked at the usb, looking like he was trying to remember something. And then he got it. "Yeah, I did! Vanessa said it was a personality thing that can help... something. I forget."

"Vanessa gave it to you?" That on its own was probably bad. But the rest of that... is something going on?

"Yeah, she did. It was a couple nights ago. I don't remember the rest though... wait. Didn't you say the others haven't gotten one?" Moon responded, looking a bit scared.

"Not that they remem... ber. Oh dear." It finally clicked. That's not good at all.

"Well. Someone's about to get fired, I hope." Moon said, handing both usbs back to Freddy. The salt could be heard in his voice.

"I will make sure of it." Freddy replied. And for once, the bear is mad.