LA - 1

AN: let's see if Jen is able to keep up a pokerface while she is on Hawaii...🥰

Jen was sitting on the couch in her living room, anxiously waiting for David's message to give her a heads up as per usual that he had landed in LA. To see him in person for the first time in weeks... Oh how she had missed her soon-to-be husband. It still felt surreal to think about this finally happening, in the best way possible.

Instead of looking at her phone for the millionth time, she closed her eyes to reminisce in some moments over the last few weeks.

As her plane to Hawaii was up in the air, Jen could not stop to admire the ring on her finger, and her heart was fluttering when she remembered what had happened earlier that morning. How he had said all the perfect words, how he had unintentionally presented her with the best gift possible so spontaneously, and how she, from the bottom of her soul and with the most certainty she had felt in her entire life, had said YES to him.

Then it occured to her that, while she was alone one the plane currently except for a very discreet security person, a ring on her finger would raise questions sooner rather than later. Since she did not have it in her to take it off completely, she quickly unclasped the gold necklace David gave her for Christmas, slipped off the ring to put it on the necklace and put it back around her neck.

As soon as she had her stuff stored away and showered off the flight, she made herself comfortable on the couch in the living room of her suite to check in with David. Since it was already 1 am in New York, she send him a text first, in case he was already asleep.

"Hey, are you still up? ❤"

Instead of a text back, she saw his name flash across the display for a facetime call, which of course she immediately took.

"Hey you....", she smiled at him, "you are still awake..."

He wore the most beautiful smile on his face that she could ever recall seeing on him, when he replied:

"Haven't been home for too long either... I just poured myself a drink to give myself a toast, because I basically can't celebrate today with anyone else...". He held up a glass that most likely contained one of his beloved Scotch Whiskys.

"Oh, wait a sec, I'll quickly raid the minibar... then we can toast each other...", she hurried over to the fridge, dug out a Bourbon and poured it into a glass, adding some ice. Then she hurried back to her previous spot.

"ALRIGHT... cheers to us...", she said, raising her glass to the display as he did the same.

"Cheers... I still can't process this...", he said, tears glistening in his eyes, "I can't believe you said yes. I love you!"

"Tell me about it", she replied, "and was that even a question? I love you so much, it has always been you, and now we have the chance to make it right..."

"I honestly wasn't so sure this would ever happen until I heard what you said to my mom.", David said.

"You know, after Justin, always said that I never doing this again in my life. It simply didn't make sense to me to even think about it. But with you... when we really were together, living like a family... I realized... this is how it always should have been. Of course I know, that Cleo is not my daughter, but this was exactly what I always wanted and I don't know ... I realized that this would not be so much of another try at marriage, but finally getting it right. Doing what should have happened in the first place... and that's all I want."

He took a moment to let that sink in as he smiled  at her with shiny eyes.

"That's what I  had hoped for... God,  I love you so much! I can't stop saying it, I'm sorry!", he laughed.