Chapter 54

Only one more after this one and then the epilogue :((

E

It's been nearly three weeks since Harry asked me to move in with him. So, that means it's been three very long weeks of apartment hunting since he insisted that we find a space which is ours, not his with the addition of me.

I didn't really care if we stayed there, but this seemed important to him, so of course I agreed.

Nearly everyday when there was a bit of time in his schedule, we were meeting with a realtor who was taking us from apartment to apartment. I wanted to be relatively close to where Niall and I's apartment was, that was my only request.

By week two, we had found a nicer complex about fifteen minutes from Niall, there was a working elevator and an in-unit washing machine and that alone sold me, but I was much easier to please than Harry when it came to a living arrangement. None of this really mattered to me, the look or size wasn't something that concerned me very much, but it concerned Harry.

He was very particular about the size, going back and forth between having two or three bedrooms. I told him two was more than enough, he said four was preferred.

We never really saw eye to eye throughout the whole process. It wasn't bad that we didn't, it was just I didn't care and he really cared.

It took looking through fifteen different apartments before there was finally one both Harry and I absolutely loved.

It was much smaller than what he had before, but much larger than what Niall and I had been living in. There were three bedrooms and two bathrooms, hardwood throughout the whole apartment and the most beautiful fireplace I have ever seen. I think that's what really drew me to this specific apartment. Harry seemed just as happy as I was with the space. It felt homey, it was nice without feeling too prestigious. It was comfortable.

So, we filled out an application form and three days later, the apartment was ours and we were able to sign a lease. Once we had finally found what we were looking for, everything moved very quickly. Harry left the decorating up to me which I was happy about. I like my style a whole lot better than his.

Plus he gave me his credit card so I was like a kid in a candy store.

Everything was scheduled to be here this week. We're finally spending the night in our new apartment tonight. All we have is an area rug, a mattress and a shit ton of boxes, but it's our own space. Something that is ours.

When I got home from the garden with Harry, Niall had been right in the kitchen to greet me when I walked through the door. He had looked between Harry and I for a few seconds before I saw Harry nod his head from the corner of my eye. A smile had grown on his face and the first thing he said was "I can't believe you're taking Astera from me." with a fake pout on his face.

He's really happy for me. As bittersweet as it is, he's really happy that I'm taking this kind of step with Harry. 

"So is Astera getting one of the other bedrooms to herself?" Niall asks. We met at a small coffee shop not far from our apartment. Well, I guess NIall and Bailey's apartment. She agreed to move in with him, so it's theirs now. Starting tonight. "Or are you procreating soon?"

"It's just for extra space." I shrug, taking a bit out of the bagel that I ordered. "And no I'm not procreating soon. Not a chance."

The cars driving past us on the street are loud, there is a constant sound of a horn honking, it's almost turned into white noise at this point. It's the kind of thing you start to just tune out. 

"Two bedrooms of extra space?" he asks.

"I think I'll turn one into a room just for my art. Harry can use the other as an office. That's how we'll use the extra space. Why are you hung up on this?" I ask him.