Chapter 35*

E

It's Harry's birthday.

Niall and I got up abnormally early this morning so we could decorate the entirety of the living room and kitchen.

"I'm going to pass out if I blow up one more balloon, El. This is plenty" Niall says, tying off the last baby pink balloon and throwing it onto the floor of the living room.

"He's going to love this" I smiled, looking around our small apartment.

I made Harry's favorite breakfast and coffee for him to wake up to. Luckily he didn't wake up when I rolled out of bed this morning.

"He better love it. My lungs almost collapsed I swear." Niall says, breathing heavily to add to the dramatics.

"You'll be fine" I tell him. "I'm going to wake him up. You can get in the shower first"

"I'll be in there no longer than 10 minutes, El. I don't want to hear anything I'm not supposed to hear. I'm begging you." he says with a pointed glare.

"You won't hear anything. It's six in the morning, Niall."

"I'm just saying" he shrugs, causing me to laugh before turning to walk down the hall towards my room.

I push my door open and find Harry still fast asleep, laying on his side. Astera is curled up so she is pressed against his torso.

It's nearly picture perfect. The way his hair hangs almost to his eyes, his rosy cheeks, Astera sleeping peacefully. It's just simply perfect.

I sit on the edge of the bed and lightly rake my nails down Harry's bare back. He tosses a bit before hardly opening one eye.

"Good morning" his voice is deep and groggy.

"Good morning" I say, pushing the hair from his face.

He opens both eyes and a small smile pulls onto his face. I watch as he rolls onto his back and motions for me to come lay with him.

I crawl onto the bed, trying my best not to disturb Astera. I lay on the right side of Harry since Astera is on his left. He wraps his arms around my shoulder, creating the perfect spot for me to fit into.

"Happy birthday" I whisper, smiling up at him.

His smile matches mine as he leans down to connect our lips not once, but twice.

"Thank you, pretty."

"Now, get up. Niall and I have some surprises for you." I pat his chest, trying to urge him out of bed.

He had told me not to get him anything since his birthday is so close to Christmas, but I couldn't help it. It's nothing too big and I didn't spend much money, but I had to get him something small.

"Surprises?" he perks up at that.

"A few." I smile. "Come on" I say, climbing off the bed.

Harry follows behind me, scooping up Astera and holding her on her back like a real baby would be held.

I jog down the hall so I can see his reaction and as soon as I get to the living room, I turn around to see his eyes scanning over every single decoration.

"You did all of this for me?" he says, looking back up at me, smiling.

There are balloons everywhere, streamers hanging from the walls and two small gift bags sitting on the coffee table.

"Niall and I both did" I nod.

He sets Astera down and she automatically goes to investigate all of the balloons all over the floor. Harry walks up to me, wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling my head to lean against his chest.