Mommy Issues

I live!!
I hate this chapter, it's boring as shit. Which is why it took me literally exactly six months to post it.
But it was necessary, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
I'll try not to wait so long before posting again.
(Also we're ignoring the fact that this chap has the same title as one of the others.)
********************************

The entire class just sort of ignores what happened and Shouta doesn't even bring it up until we're on our way back to he and Hizashi's apartment.

"What happened between you and Todoroki during training?" he asks, which also catches Hizashi's attention.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I inform him.

"Well would you rather talk about what happened with Monoma?" he asks.

"There's nothing to talk about. He's just another bully, nothing I haven't dealt with before," I say, not even turning away from the window.

"If there's nothing to talk about, why did I find you bawling into Todoroki's shoulder?" he asks and I shrink into the seat a little.

"What is this, an interrogation?" I snap, turning to glare at him.

"Of course not," Shouta tries to reassure me, "I'm just concerned."

"I'm fine. Today's just been... it's been a bad day," I trail off towards the end, turning my head to rest my forehead against the window.

"It's been one of those days, huh?" he asks, concern in his voice.

"Yeah, its-" I break off to take a deep breath that shutters on the way back out, "Today's been hard. One of the hardest I've had in awhile," I admit.

"Well do you maybe wanna do something to take your mind off of it?" Hizashi asks.

"Not really. I kinda just wanna be alone right now, but thanks," I decline.

"Are you sure?" Shouta asks, "we could-"

"I'm positive," I inform him, "I just need some time to myself."

The ride is virtually silent after that. When we get back, I'm grabbing some clothes to change when my phone goes off. I check it to see that I have a text from Kacchan.

Kacchan: Hey, Izu. Todoroki and I are gonna go hiking, wanna come?

Izu: No thanks, I'm not really in the mood.

Izu: Maybe next time.

Kacchan: Are you okay? I know today wasn't really the best for you, but I don't think you've ever turned down hiking.

Izu: Did it occur to you that maybe I just have other plans?

Kacchan: Do you?

Izu: I plan to wallow in self pity for the remainder of the day.

Kacchan: Come on, Izu. It's not good for you to stay inside all the time. Come hiking with us..

Izu: I already told you, I'm not in the mood. Besides, you're probably the only ones who think hiking is a good idea right now. It's hotter than Satan's left testicle out today.

Kacchan: Okay, one: ew. Two: what if I were to tell you that Shinsou's going?

Izu: Then I'd say you're full of shit, because Shinsou doesn't even like hiking.