Ch. 2

"You really know how to make me cryWhen you give me those ocean eyes

When you give me those ocean eyes."
- Billie Eilish

After spending some alone time in the field, I decided to head back to the house. I planned to make my way to the kitchen, and make myself something since I haven't eaten anything yet, until I heard a few voices at the entrance.

"I'm sure Y/n will be very pleased to meet you, both of you will have a beautiful future and family as well," I heard Mother giggle.

Not wanting to get caught, I peaked through the small gap from the open door.
I spotted my mother and two new faces that I've never seen before.

There was a lady around my mother's age, who had her arm intertwined to the young man next to her.

He seemed to be around my age, a few inches taller it seems. He had a smile plastered on his face, laughing along with whatever my mother was saying. But it wasn't a genuine smile. It was a smile that I've seen on my brother in-law before.

How disgusting.

Before I could sneakily head back outside, not wanting to be seen at all, I heard a cough behind me.

Turning around, I spotted my father behind me.

"What are you doing Y/n?" He asked, raising his brow at me.

"E-erm, n-nothing! I was actually just about to enter." I lied faking a small laugh.

Hoping my dad didn't see right through it, he nods and offers his arm to me.

"Well then, let's go introduce ourselves."

Fuck.

I bit my lip in annoyance and took his arm. This is not how I wanted things to go.

As my father opened the door, my mother and the two standing there turned their attention to us.

"Oh how splendid! I was just about to call the both of you!" My mother excitedly exclaimed.

As my father and I got closer, I let go of his arm and quietly stood next to him.

"It's so good to finally meet you Y/n, I've heard so much about you."

I gave a small smile, and bowed my head a bit.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss uh-"

"Mrs. Lee, dear, and here next to me is my son, Hanjae." she said as her son gave a short bow, still having a smile plastered on his face.