Chapter 3

The streets were vivid and loud, people shouting into the streets with glee, another baby had been born into the town of encanto, and every time they were blessed with a new member of the town, a festival would be held.

It was early in the morning when the baby was born, and the streets lit up with vibrant colours as the new arrival was announced, music flooded the streets as people danced and swayed, kids ran and laughed, the sizzling sound of cooking meat drifted across the streets, laughter flew throughout the air, and the smell of freshly cooked food wafted out from the many stalls set up.

Since the day was so important, a lot of people would be heading to the restaurant to celebrate, and then the casita which you were almost ecstatic to visit as you had only heard stories of the inside, having missed Antonio's annual gift receiving a few years back.

You walked down the streets, smiling fondly at the people singing and dancing, a few people came by you and offered you food which you humbly took, planning to save some for Mirabel and her mother.... And maybe Camilo if you were feeling generally nice.

"Hola, Señorita Y/n! Could you take these to the restaurant for me?" A woman handed you a variety of different spices, you nodded your head smiling at her.

"Sure thing!" You headed down the road and into the restaurant, Camilo was leaning against the table at the front with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Hey, Good going over there!" He called to Luisa who was moving a table, your eyes drifted towards her and widened slightly when you took her in, Mirabel's sister was here!

"Camilo! ¿Puedes agarrar la escoba por mí?" You recognised the familiar voice, and with a tilt of your head you gazed at Abuela Alma, was their whole family here or something?

"Yeah!" Camilo called back, going to grab the broom from the supply room. You stood motionless for a bit before finally deciding the take a step in, the bell chiming as you did. Abuela looked over at who made their entrance and smiled.

"Y/n!" She greeted with a smile.

"Hola, Señora!" You greeted, once again following your daily routine and placing your bag on the rack. Camilo came out and he glanced at you, before quickly looking back at you in surprise, not expecting you to show up.

"You're late, Princesa." He whispered into your ear as you walked by him, smirking. You stopped next to him and glared.

"I'm not late, you're just early." You grumbled and he laughed softly, noticing you had a bag that had a pleasing aroma wafting out of it.

"I see you got distracted, mi vida." He hummed with raised eyebrows, grinning. No wonder why you were so late, you had got distracted by food! It made perfect sense to him, you worked at a restaurant, commonly ate food, you must have a deep love for it.

"Mi vida?" You repeated, completely disregarding what he said to question his use of name-calling. He smirked placing his hand on top of your head.

"Yeah, you're mi vida! Or would you rather me call you mi amor?" He asked smugly. You could feel your face heat up, wether from embarrassment or actually being flustered by what he said, you didn't know. You smacked his hand away.

"Ay! That hurt, you've got a nasty hit, Ogresa." He whined, rubbing his hand. You huffed, shaking your head at him before Julieta came from around the corner, visibly lighting up at the sight of you.

"Y/n! It's so good to see you, could you and Camilo come cut vegetables in the back? I'm currently preparing the stove so the extra hands could really help!" She asked, clapping her hands together in a plead, Camilo glanced at her before turning and wrapping his arm around you, pulling you close with his free hand.