Chapter 4

art is not mine

Note: I do not speak Spanish, so I used google translate to help me out! If anything is wrong or offensive please let me know !! :3

________________________________________________________________________

Genuinely and honestly, you could admit that last night you had the best sleep of your life, your pillow was cold on both sides, the blanket was fluffy, the temperature was just right, and the soft patter of rain on your window lulled you to sleep.

You didn't know if it was because you really enjoyed the night at the casita with Camilo and his family, or if you were lucky enough to have a fantastic sleep, but you still were grateful for the night you had. Camilo had shown you his room and the two of you had gotten closer, you could now, dare you say, that the both of you were friends.

The night couldn't have gone any better than it had, and you went to sleep with a full stomach and heart.

In the morning, you sat up and yawned, stretching towards the sky before leaving the comfort of your bed and getting ready for the day. You placed breakfast on the counter and a few dollars for your siblings before you left the house, closing the door. You looked up at the gloomy sky, your eyebrows furrowing. Something must of upset Pepa after you left, because the sky was still decorated with sad clouds, and rain fell on the ground lightly.

"I wonder what happened..." You muttered, walking down the road, not a lot of people were out, choosing to stay indoor as Pepa expresses her mood through the weather. You were planning to ask Camilo when you saw him later. You stepped around puddles until you eventually made it to the restaurant, opening the door and sighing, you were a little wet now.

"Bad weather, huh?" You turned to the side to see Camilo leaned against the wall, you couldn't say for sure but examining him more you noticed that he didn't look as happy as he normally did, his eyes were slightly puffy.

"Camilo..." You started and he hummed, before you shook your head, placing your bag on the rack and turning to him.

"Forget it. Ready to work?" You asked, and he placed his hand on the top of your head, softly grinning at you.

"'Course, Princesa. Let's go!" He ruffled your hair with a smile, which in response made you complain and mutter a slur of insults at him, this only made him laugh as the both of you grabbed brooms and started to clean.

"Este lugar está sucio." You stated, sweeping harder. Camilo noticed this and laughed softly, grabbing the broom from you and sweeping softly.

"Not so hard, Princesa! It isn't going to work like that." He informed, showing you the correct way to sweep. You huffed and crossed your arms.

"Sabelotodo." You hissed, and he smirked at you before sweeping his own area of the restaurant. You guys cleaned for a good 20 minutes before you were ordered to get ready to serve the customers, the both of you stood outside as the skies began to clear and you smiled slightly, Pepa must've cheered up.

"Hey, Alejandro!" Camilo greeted, shifting into the man and patting him on the back. You watched intently, smiling as Camilo shifted into different people. He caught you staring and grinned, shifting into you and doing weird poses, you shook your head at him, walking inside.

He followed you and shifted back into himself, standing by your side and holding out his fist.

"Ready?"

"Ready." You confirmed, bumping your first with his.

Things had been flowing well, the both of you swiftly served customers and didn't annoy each other like the other day, there were no more pranks and the both of you were able to work as a team! The flow was good.