The Balcony

Jax takes my hand and glides me towards the dance floor.
"Ready?" He takes my waist and pulls me close to him. He places his hands on my bare back and to my surprise they're wonderfully warm.
I hesitate but answer him honestly
"Absolutely not."
I crack another gorgeous smile from him.
My favorite singer of all time comes on, Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon" starts and he begins to move like an expert. My emotions are everywhere right now, Frank in the background, the beautiful man leading me in a flowing dance, I feel like I'm living straight out of a book. I've never been this close to anyone physically ever, well Andrew but as kids. I know he was bluffing before because he's leading me perfectly as I pointed out before.
"Lying isn't a very first good impression, you know." I lift a brow and his hand tenses on my back.
"I saw you were nervous but you're keeping up pretty well."
He looks so secure and sure of himself. His eyes are green and bright but his gaze is dark and mysterious, like there's more to him.
I don't know what to say to his response so I just giggle and look down, stepping on his foot.
He grunts and I step back, keeping in mind that he is still holding my hand.
"I am so sorry ! Are you alright ?"
He shakes his head and grins devilishly "Wouldn't be the first time you physically impale me."

Aha!
"So it is you!"
"Who?" he smirks sarcastically.
"Up at the cottage ! I ran into you going to the bathroom, you were too tall for me to see your face, but I saw-" he cuts me off,
"I have no idea what you're talking about." He pulls me in again to dance and our faces are so close I can feel his breath on my lips.
He smells of aftershave and peppermint, with a hint of cigarettes. I'm not a big fan of cigarettes, I really hope he just stood too close to someone smoking.
"Are you making fun of me?" I surely look into his eyes, all the nerves have turned into heat in the pit of my belly.
"Wouldn't dream of it, Ella." The way he says my name has to be the best feeling I have ever felt.
"Then admit that you're the guy I ran into." I test him. 

"And why would I do that?" He challenges back.
I hesitate to answer, he's right why would he do that? It's only for my pure curiosity but I like this game so I'll keep playing. 

"Roll up your sleeve." I step back giving him a space to do so.
He lifts the right sleeve to expose a naked arm.
"And the other?"

There it is. Sitting hideously on his wrist, terribly drawn and not proportionated at all.
I step forward and run my fingers over it, I look up to him and his face is decorated with pure humor.
"It's you because of this terrible anchor that caught my eye."
"Terrible?" He scoffs playfully.
My face goes red and a lump in my throat forms not letting me breathe.
"I-I didn't mean it like that I mean it's just it, caught my attention and it's just a bit poorly drawn for a tattoo-" just shut up Ella !!
"I'll just stop talking now." 

"I'd rather you don't. You're cute when you ramble."
I choke on the lump and the nerves come screaming back. Did he just call me cute ?
My face is on fire and I know I can't hide the red that has taken over my skin.
"You're cute when you blush too." He takes my hand and takes me towards some back doors leading to a balcony. The view is beautiful, I didn't notice but it over looks Lake Tahoe, little lights twinkling in the distance while the stars in the sky mimic their movements.
I'm am absolutely freezing I go into hypothermic mode instantly.
"Here-" he takes off his jacket, and wrapping it around my shoulders.
"Won't you be cold?" I begin to take it off but he stops me.

"I have a high body temperate I can survive out here for a good hour without a jacket."
It's way too big on me but I don't mind one bit because his body heats till lingers in the seams, making me warm. I stick my hands in the pockets and my hand runs into a box. I pull it out and frown at the pack of cigarettes in my hand.
"Really?" I roll my eyes.

"Nasty habit I guess." He takes them and puts them in his pant pocket.
There's a little silence but it doesn't feel awkward one bit.
"So Ella," there he goes saying my name again.
"Yes?" I gulp.