Jax

The sun came soon after I finally fell asleep and Pepper is up by 9:30 in workout clothes.
She is so loud she keeps knocking things over and shushing herself from her own noise. 

"Peeeppuuurrr." I groan.
"Sorry, so sorry ! I'm leaving! I'm gonna go on the treadmill upstairs for a bit." She turns and knocks over the makeup bag sitting on the desk behind her. 

"Quietly." I groan again. She apologizes, giggling and I'm left to serene silence.
My eyes feel heavy even as I sleep, I'm not used to staying up passed 11:00pm. I'm usually showered and asleep by then but after last night my body is punishing me for my extension. I should probably get up now so I can have a decent sleep tonight.

I turn over and attempt to take the warm covers off but they just seem to be begging me to stay.

10 more minutes won't kill me.

I begin to dose off for a while, slight dreams go on and off in my mind.
I'm in a dark park, the lights burned out above me. I keep seeing a faded shadow of a person rushing behind the trees, I can't make out their face but their presence feels distressed. I try to call out and say something but nothing comes out, I feel week and breathless. Like someone put a thousand pounds on my chest. The shadow is getting closer and closer and I try to run but I feel like I'm melting into the sidewalk. I want push so hard to scream but only little croaks escape my mouth. Just as it reaches for me-
I whip my eyes open, breathing heavily and sweating profusely. A hand rubs my leg and I jolt up and shriek.

"Are you alright ?" Jax moves the damp hair from my face.
I just sat there, analyzing him. He's wearing a black tshirt and basketball shorts. It looks almost funny on him considering I met him while wearing a tux. 

"Ella what where you dreaming about ?" His voice asks in worry.
"Just a bad dream." I pull my hair back trying to air out the sweat.
"Are you sure ?" He scoots closer checking my head for a fever.
I push his hands away and assure him, "I'm fine it was nothing."
His eyes look angry with my response but he takes my hand and kisses it.
Andrew knocks on the open door letting himself in.

"Am I interrupting? I could come back." He jokes.
"No, I was just leaving." Jax stands and walks past Andrew, nearly bumping into him.
"What's got into him? " he raises a brow. 

"Don't know." I stand and make my way toward the bathroom. His voice trails behind me,"Snowboarding ?"
I turn back to him and grin from ear to ear.
"You're on." I challenge.

"Ella?" I hear moms voice boom from the top of the stairs after my shower.
"Yeah?" I peek out.
"Sweetie your father and I have an emergency meeting in LA. So we'll try to join you guys sometime this week."

" Sometime this week? " I climb the stairs and follow her through the living room.
"Why do you think I packed you so much clothes for you? We'll be here all break. First photoshoot is going to be at the top of the Ven at the slopes, on Thursday." her eyes are glued to her phone as she types something really fast.

Is she joking? She's going to make me stay here all week?
"Mom you didn't mention this last night." I try to contain my attitude. 

"I know but I'm telling you now. This is the business, spontaneous with sacrifices." 

It almost sound like she's giving me attitude. Like I'm supposed to know all this information before hand.

She never tells me anything, I'm sick of it. 
I'm so angry I want to punch a hole in the wall but I know I'll only end up breaking my hand.
I need to cool off, I need to get out of her presence.
"I'm going snowboarding. I'll see you whenever." I scoff and feel glare rises from the screen for a split second.
"Dawn and Ryan are at the Beaver Hill spa. They might stay overnight at the resort. We'll let you know."
Just then, Pepper emerges from the workout room, sweaty and glistening. Seriously if I looked that good after a work, I'd do it everyday.
"Hey Mrs. M." She flops the wet towel over her shoulder.
"Hi Pep!" She squeaks.
Jeez, she's never that happy to see me.
"Going somewhere?" She makes her way to the kitchen, grabbing an apple from the island basket.
"Mr.M and I have to fly out to LA. We'll be home in a day or two."
Mr.M? What the hell?