Prolouge

Luke drove down the road, smiling to himself. They had just had their concert, and it was amazing. The fans were singing along with him, and it made them cry. It was unbelievable how many people liked their music, for 3 and a half years. Now, he was going to get a few chips and such for him and the boys to celebrate with.

Because he was thinking this, he wasn't paying very much attention to the road. He didn't see the truck speeding towards him, he didn't feel the head on collision. All he knew was a bright burst of white, then a black, inky darkness, consuming his whole being.
****
Across town, the band was goofing off, relieving the stress from their concert. Ashton's phone began to buzz in his hand, and he looked down to see an unfamiliar number.

"Um, hello?" Ashton answered the phone, confusion etched on his face.

"Is this Ashton Irwin?" Ashton heard an unfamiliar voice on the other end of the call, but answered with a yes. The next words shocked Ashton.

"Luke Hemmings has been involved in a car crash. A drunk truck driver was speeding down the road before hitting his car in a head on collision. He is now in the hospital, but in a coma. No one is sure he will come out of this. We would like the rest of the band to come visit him, if possible."

The blood drained out of Ashton's face, and tears began to prick his eyes. "U-um. y-yes, we'll be down soon." He replied, barely able to talk. The caller gave him the address of the hospital before hanging up. Ashton jumped up before pulling on his boots, motioning for the others to do the same. They looked at each other confused, but shrugged and pulled their shoes on.

"Guys, um, Luke was in a c-car crash. We have to go see him, n-now." Ashton attempted to keep himself together for Michael and Calum, but damn was it hard.

The two other boys faces paled and tears began to stream down Michael's face, but they just hurried their motions before running out to the car beside Ashton. Calum climbed in the drivers seat and began the drive to the hospital Luke was transferred to.

The boys arrived at the hospital and rushed in. Michael asked for the room Luke was in, and they rushed to the 3rd floor before running down the hallway.

Liz was already there, and she turned when she heard shoes pounding on the ground. Her hands were shaking and her face was a wet mess, but when the boys reached her, she shook her head before collapsing onto Ashton's chest.

"He...he just let go. I'm so sorry, boys. I am so so sorry.." Liz continued while crying. Michael fell to the ground onto his knees, running his hands through his hair before letting out a sob, not caring if anyone heard. He didn't care if anyone thought he was punk rock, or tough, anymore. He just wanted his Luke back, his smiling Luke with the deep dimple in his right cheek, with his lip ring that always flashed under the sun. He just wanted the boy with the quiff back in his arms.

A/N: Oh my God. What have I fucking done. I am so sorry.