↠ t w o

bump bump.

as my mom's car reversed down the driveway to our home, endless thoughts were racing through my mind.

'binders?'

'check.'

'pencil case?'

'yeah.'

'wallet?'

'right there.'

i hurriedly poked around my backpack, not wanting to forget anything on the first day of second semester.

"hunny," my mom, diane, laughed, "calm down! you're going to be fine, it's just like any other day of school, right?"

"yeah," i nodded, slowing my breathing down a little, "yeah, just like any other day."

it's true,

the only difference about today was that my classes were different.

it's a normal day.

nothing's going to happen.

i think?

i hope.

i made a mental note of where my classes were again, before my mom's car came to a halt in front of my school.

"alright gem, see you later" my mom smiled.

i laughed at her nickname. sometimes, i wonder if the only reason she named me 'amber' was so that she and my dad, rob, could call me 'gem'. it's quite stupid, to be honest, but i love it because of them - they make it work - and i only let them call me that because i love them.

"bye mum," i smiled, and got out of the car, shutting the door behind me.

i heard her drive off and sighed.

why here?

why hell?

hell.

hell is where i spend most of my life.

oh sorry,

haha,

i meant school.

it was near the end of lunch during fourth period. i was sat alone in the hallway next to my dull, beige locker.

i finished off my salad before starting on a granola bar. the hallway was empty, so no one was here to judge me. i could eat whatever the hell i wanted.

food's great.

i scrolled mindlessly through my twitter feed, not caring to fully read each tweet.

i followed nobody from school on here, just cousins, family, family friends and relatives. i loved being isolated from all the stuck up imbeciles around school, it let me forget about them.

the bell rang, signalling me that i had three minutes to get to my last session in hell -

once again, i mean school.

i signed out of my twitter, switched my phone onto vibrate and got my stuff together before heading down the hall, that was now slowly filling with students coming from all sorts of classes, probably all glad that it was the last period of the day.

i had somehow survived religion, french, and computers - i just hope i'll be able to make it through english.

i walked into class with one minute left to spare. i chose a pair of seats in the back of the class near the left of the room where no one sat, and watched as students flowed inside.