Chapter 4

[ Kamar-Taj ]

After walking for some time, the Sorcerer Supreme and his now company—America Chavez—reached the gates of the Kamar-Taj. It was at the back of the entire facility, which was an easier and more discreet way of entering the sanctuary than knocking on the door in the busy street which Strange experienced many years before.

Speaking of Strange, the man was left in New York to find whoever he was referring to back in the cafe. If there was something that Wong couldn't do, it was convincing Strange otherwise. The man was as attached to his work as if he was still a doctor doing surgery. It was always in him to do these types of things.

But there was no time to think of Strange.

Wong guided America as they went up the pathway upwards, which was scattered with beautiful, blossoming flowers that ranged from lotuses, orchids, and jasmines. It was no secret that sorcerers had a soft spot when it comes to looking beautiful. Even the pathway that led to the back of the Kamar-Taj had intricately placed lanterns that was covered with glowing features. At the top, there were man-built stairs that led to the open area of the Kamar-Taj.

When they stepped forth on the stairs, America saw beautiful temple that was the most important structure of the sorcerers—the Kamar-Taj. Even if she had seen it in her own universe, the view was still breath-taking. With the backdrop of the mountains, the temples were riddled with even brighter red than she had remembered. The bricks looked newly and cleanly placed, with colorful banners that represented the three countries that bore a Sanctum: America, United Kingdom, and China. Even the place looked lively as many sorcerers were walking around carrying book for their studies.

As they reached the open area, a supernatural creature immediately approached them. It was a bull with two horns on either side of the head; but the creature itself was strongly-built. Bearing the same brown robes that Wong had, the green bull-looking directed his attention to Wong.

"What the hell is that?" America whispered to Wong to confirm the creature.

Instead, Wong ignored her sentiment and gulped to prepare for this conversation with the bull.

"Glad you could join us, Sorcerer Supreme. If I'm not mistaken, it's your visit in over four months." The bull expressed. "You've missed over six meetings, Wong."

"Give me a break, I've been trying to provide for the New York Sanctum while Strange lays on his back all the time."

"By doing cage matches in Macau?"

"Y—you..." Wong stuttered and blinked his eyes cluelessly. "Where did you get that information?"

"Really, Wong, you should come by more."

"You have to understand, Rintrah; it may not look like it, but I've been dealing with numerous things."

"—Rintrah?" America interrupted.

The calm sorcerer—who went by Rintrah—glanced at America and back to Wong.

"Who is she?"

Wong shook his head, "I'll tell it on the way."

They began walking towards the center temple where many of the sorcerers were on standby. With nothing better to do, America followed the two of them. She was already gaining many looks from the people around, as she wasn't wearing any traditional sorcerer gear. Only sporting the jeans with the denim jacket that had the star on the back, she was really out of place.

For Wong and Rintrah, they didn't pay any attention. They were only focused on getting to the location.

"So, what have you been doing while you were away?" Rintrah asked. "Besides the cage fighting and sorts."