Chapter 4

"So Zak, why do you want to investigate my house so badly?" I asked him as he was finishing off a rib while I had pulled pork.

"To be honest, it's the Ghost Adventures 100th episode and the guys and I love the Exorcist." He replied.

"Oh is that all? Look, I've done my research on you and your team. I know what you do. You love to taunt the spirits and push you luck with demons. If that is what you plan to do at my house during your investigation, then you better believe it when I say that I'll do everything I can to stop you. This isn't Bobby Mackey's and this isn't Poveglia. You got lucky and managed to escape from being possessed, that is all. You think you have dealt with demons before but I know things that happened to you that you don't know." I said. I finally got that all off of my chest. Ever since he arrived, he has been giving off this tough guy vibe and it was really annoying the hell out of me.

"Wow. You feeling a bit better now?"

"Yes I am, seu otário."

"Let's change the topic, of you could be locked down anywhere in the world, where would you choose?"

"I would love to go to Romania to be locked down in Dracula's castle." I said with a giggle

"You like Dracula?"

"Yea, who doesn't?"

"I never expected you to be a fan. Because you look so.."

"Because I'm a lady? You'd be surprised, belo. I'm the gothic chica that is usually found in the dark corners of the library." I said as I pulled out my wallet to pay but Zak stopped me.

"I'm paying for our meal, Kira." He said as he shot me a wink causing me to blush. God damn emotions.

After he paid for the meal, his phone started ringing and he answered

"Hey Nick, what's up?"...."With me? Umm, alright. Cya at the house." He said as he hung up the phone.

"Your dad was wondering if I was going bring you back home tonight."

"I should hope so, Zak."

"Hey, that's the first time you've said my name and you smiled!"

"Oi! D-don't get used to it!" I said with a laugh. I honestly can't remember ever laughing or having a good time talking with someone outside of my family before. But it felt nice.

"Hmm, maybe I should just take you back with me to the hotel then." He said jokingly

"Oh lord. I hope they have an extra room then."

"You can sleep in the same room as me." He said with a sexy smirk.

"Zak! You pervert!" I yelled and playfully punched his shoulder and giggled. We kept walking and we began to approach the house. I'll admit, I was kind of sad that our short time was over but it was fun while it lasted. He was kind enough to walk me up to my front door.

"Well Zak, I'll admit it. I had a good time. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, of course." He said

"Kira's got a crush on Zak~! Kira's got a crush on Zak~!" Astaroth sang in a teasing manner causing my face to turn bright red. What's worse is that I can't tell her to shut up.

"Kira? You're face just got really red. You feeling okay?"

"Antonio, is she going to be okay?" Zak asked as he walked up to my father.

~~NICK GROFF POV~~

I've known Zak for a long time and I've seen him go through many relationships. However, I don't think I've ever seen him get so worked up over one girl before.

I look over at Zak as he comforts Kira and I couldn't help but grin. "Hey Aaron."

"Yeah Nick?"

"Check it out, I think Zak has it bad for Kira."