⟶ nightmares in reality

please comment, vote, and react!

+

+

+

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝

+

JOSIE SLEPT IN THE ROOM 3 DOORS DOWN FROM MATT MURDOCK.

She detested a couple of things about this.

1) Matt got his own room. He was one of the select few children that had their own room. This irritated Josie to no end because she had to share with Amy and Brittany, one of which had a bladder control issue.

2) She woke up every time Matt Murdock had a nightmare.

Josie had never been a light sleeper. She used to wake up whenever her mama and dad fought. She used to press her ear up to the door and listen real closely, but then one time her dad slammed his fist against the wood, and Josie got caught. She never did that again.

So when Josie hears Matt screaming out, she doesn't move. Usually, it only takes a minute or two until Sister Maggie helps him.

But this time... she must be busy? Because Matt is still crying out for help, and Josie is getting scared herself...

It takes a few moments before the fear is practically overwhelming Josie, and she's tumbling out of bed. She scatters into the hallway, bare feet against the cold wooden floor.

She walks, carefully, down the hall. If Sister Maggie does end up coming around, she'll be in tons of trouble. But she makes it all the way down to Matthew's room with no incident.

Josie pushes his door open, slipping in quietly. She shuts it behind her, and the sound, though it was quiet, wakes Matthew up.

"Sister Maggie?"

"Um, no," Josie whispers to his loud volume. "It's Jo. Josie. Josette?"

There's a beat. "I know your name."

"You were having a nightmare."

"Yeah."

Josie stands there for a second, uncomfortably. Matthew Murdock is not a very welcoming person.

"You have a lot of those."

"I know." Pause. "Is... she coming?"

"Sister Maggie?" Josie asks. In the moonlight, she can see Matthew nod. "No. Probably not. I heard Anthony has strep throat. She's with him, I guess."