⟶ confessions of the devil

please comment, vote, and react!

+

+

+

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝.

+

11-YEAR-OLD MATTHEW MURDOCK IS NOT JOSIE ALISTAR'S FRIEND.

Given, he doesn't consider anyone his friend — plus, Josie Alistar will not give up her conspiracy theory that he's faking the whole blind thing.

      But he does know Josie. Well, it's kinda hard not to. 10-year-old Josie Alister is all the talk of Saint Agnes orphanage — she's popular and pretty (supposedly), but to Matthew Murdock, Josie Alistar is everywhere, all at once, and he can't get away from her.

(If it's not her voice, it's her name, if not her name, the squeak of her shoes...)

      And the most important thing Matthew Murdock knows about Josie Alister is that if she's quiet, she's either in trouble, or making trouble. it's infallible truth.

      So it's youth group night — or at least, that's what the sisters call their sad attempt at mixing their orphans with the regular church kids of Clinton Church. Matthew Murdock narrowly escapes those with "headaches", but Josie is supposedly a staple participant.

      Not tonight.

      Matt's sitting in his room, alone (and bored!), and skimming through his Bible in braille. He'd much rather be with Stick or listening to the radio, but Sister Maggie insisted that if he truly was sick, he should be alone and sleeping.

       But he's not sleeping, which is precisely why Matt can hear limping in the hallway outside of his room, followed by small whines and curses that could only belong to Josie Alistar.

       At first, he's not sure what to do. He doesn't really want to go talk to Josie and be ridiculed for his blindness, but he also can't stand her stupid cries and just wants her to be quiet.

       It takes him a little bit, but eventually, he gets annoyed enough to slip outside of his room, and into the hallway.

       Low and behold, Josie Alistar is sitting on the corner of her bed, right leg folded up, sniffling.

       He feels the heat of her glare on him, and her crying stops.

        "What do you want?" she demands, and without giving him a second to respond, she follows up with, "go away."