bittersweet

"IT SEEMS SO STRANGE THAT I LOVE HIM. HE GON' DRIVE ME INSANE. HE GON' BE THE ONE TO TAKE ME TO MY GRAVE."

SEASON ONE EPISODE ONE

Milan sits back in her car, as everyone walks up the block toward McKay's house. The streets were full of cars and teenagers. Milan reached into her glove compartment pulling out a Bible.

A Bible which had all the pages cut out and what remained was a big opening to hide her drugs.

Pulling out a baggie of Coke, she spread the substance on top of the Holy book. Taking out some random business card, Milan started to chop the cocaine.

She loved the rush it gave her, it made her feel in control. It gave her power, she was unstoppable.

After she did two lines she put the drugs back in her compartment and leaned against her seat.

Letting out a sigh as she feels as if she was on top of the world and not in her car. She looked in her rearview mirror and reapplied some lipgloss. Milan loved parties, no matter who's it was she turned it into hers.

-

Walking into the party she witnessed loud music, people grinding on each other, people throwing shots back, and also Maddy sitting on some guy's lap.

Looking away from that scene she witnesses Nate leaning up against the wall.

Not only are Maddy & Nate going tit for tat, but now Milan's been added to the equation.

Nate makes eye contact with her, and nods his head sideways. Milan knew what that meant, Maddy knew what that meant, so did whoever decided to pay attention to the encounter.

Milan gave Nate a chance to settle things with Maddy in exchange she would get clean. Just for each other.

He didn't want to lose Maddy but he also didn't want to lose Milan.

Milan didn't want to stop doing drugs but she didn't want to lose Nate.

So of course, promises were broken.

The version of Milan he has stuck in his head isn't the same girl when she's high. He loves both sides but the innocence in her eyes when the drugs aren't speaking for her fills the void he has in that empty soul of his.

Nate gives Milan the validation she's been craving all her life. He makes her feel confident, he makes her feel important, he makes her feel needed.

Milan opened the door to the room she saw Nate walk in slowly.

He sat on the bed, holding a red solo cup in his hand.

She leaned against the door and crossed her arms, "You and Maddy together?"

"Does it look like we're together?"