Chapter 3

Clarissa left with her mate the next day. I watched from the trees as she and the wolf blood left on a cargo ship. I nodded a goodbye when she saw me.

On the walk back to the town I realized how strange I looked. A frayed, dirty, was-once-white dress with a ripped lace top. An extremely frizzy updo that probably made me look like I just braided short hair. Anger in my eyes that was borderline insanity. All this was walking in the middle of a forest, on no particular path.

I continued on, not caring when my socks snagged on the brush. A small fog gathered at my ankles as the sky grayed. It would rain soon.

No more then an hour later, it was pouring. I kept to my path as all I had was soaked through. I reached the town before wondering where I was.

I found a small shop that was open. I meekly slipped through the door and cringed when the bell rang. The old man behind the counter quickly glanced up.

"Hello miss, can I help you?" He has a strong European accent, I'm just not sure from where.

"Um, yes, actually." I glanced down at my fidgeting hands. "Would you mind telling me where I am?"

"Why you're in Ariedale miss." I nodded.

"Well, could you be a little more vague?"

"How vague would you like miss?" I took a moment to look him in the eyes, realizing the anger once in mine was gone. The bell went off behind me, but I didn't turn.

"Country please."

"That would be Ireland lassie," the person behind me stated. I whipped around to see a teenage boy, who obviously had a few years on me.

"Ireland," I stated in disbelief. "Well that's nice."

"But not as nice as you," the boy shot back. I held in a growl by smirking and walked out of the small boutique.

"Subtle," the older man said sarcastically. I was listening as I walked away.

"Ey, she wants me."

"Keep dreaming lad." I rolled my eyes before turning into an alleyway. I sat on a crate and waited for the rain to stop.

I fell asleep while the rain was lightening. My dress was uncomfortable, but I haven't slept in weeks. It was a dreamless sleep, but a refreshing one.

My shoulder was pushed back. Then again, and again.

"Is she dead?" a girl voice asked.

"How should I know?" It was a guy. They both had Irish accents. "Wait! She's breathing." My shoulder was grabbed and shaken.

"Oy! Wake up!" My shoulder was shaken more violently. My eyes fluttered open to a woman and a teenage boy, but not the one from the boutique.

"What are you doing in the alleyway silly?" The woman asked. I shifted my position on the crate, ready to run. "Whoa whoa, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. It's okay, we won't hurt you." I took a deep breath, the boy is a wolf blood, not the girl.

"Oh my god," I mumbled.

"What, what's wrong, what is it?" My eyes were fixated on the boy. I shook my head.

"N-nothing. Do you have any food?" The lady looked into her purse.

"I have some money. I'll be right back, okay?" I nodded. "Damian, stay with her." Damian nodded. The lady stood up and walked off. I hardened my expression and growled at Damian. His eyebrow furrowed before taking in my scent.

"You're no wolf blood."

"Hell no. I'd never want to be a wolf blood in a million years," I snarled at him.

"Then what the hell are you?"

"Your worst nightmare." I lunged at him, pinning him on the side of a building. I barred my teeth. "Let me make one thing clear, you, do, not, defy, me." I quickly arranged myself on the crate as the lady walked back in with a paper bag.

"Mrs. Voll, she, she.." I gave Damian a look when Mrs. Voll turned back, that made him shut up.

"She what sweetie?"

"Nothing, she just is, um, she seems a little sick." Mrs. Voll quickly looked me over. She put her hand on my forehead and cheeks.

"She feels fine. Here, have some food." She handed me the bag. I took out a thing of fries. That's all that was in the bag. "I don't know what kind of food you like." I just gave a quick smile before devouring the entire thing in a matter of minutes.

"Thank you." I looked up at the sky, tonight is a full moon. "I should get going." I stood and started away from the two when Mrs. Voll grabbed my arm.

"Nonsense, you'll come with us." I looked to Damian in a panic. He quickly understood.

"Mrs. Voll, I'll take her back to my place. There's a lot more people her own age, she may be more comfortable." Mrs. Voll nodded.

"Of course, just, make sure she's safe."

"Yes ma'am." Damian then walked me down a road. "I live in a pack house. I hope you don't mind." I stopped when the square was out of sight.

"This is where I leave. Don't expect me tomorrow. Goodbye." I ran into the forest. I weaved through trees until the moon rose.

I scaled a tree as my jaguar form emerged. A growl escaped my jaws as my tail whipped. The pads of my paws barely hit the forest floor before I was running in between trees, vaulting over fallen trunks, not even minding the puddles.

In minutes I was at the edge of a river. I waded in with pride, basking in the cool current. My sore paws felt better immediately. I hid myself in a cave before falling asleep for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

The picture is Avalon's outfit. Just, the skirt of the dress is ripped off halfway down the thigh, and everything has dirt on it and is messier.