Chapter 2

I walked for another week. I finally reached a small town where I could sense she was. I took a deep breath in, but that's when I smelled it, wolf bloods.

"Tsk tsk Clarissa, tsk tsk." I continued into the town, my feet barely sounding on the cobblestone streets.

I meandered about until sunrise. That's when I rushed into the forest for shelter. I continued to keep an eye on the main square, watching for my sister. I spotted her at about noon. I rushed into the store behind her.

"Clarissa, we need to talk." She turned around with surprise and fear in her eyes.

"How did you find me?" She asked quickly. I took a step closer so I could lower my voice.

"Don't 'how did you find me' me. You know very well that I followed you. It's my duty to follow you." Clarissa dragged me to the back of the store. I knew that the boy that was with her followed us.

"I'm going to ask you one more time, how did you find me." Anger laced in her voice.

"I'm going to tell you one more time, I followed you." She scoffed.

"Followed me? I've been here for a week Avalon. This is the first time I've seen you. You did not follow me!" Her voice was slightly raised.

"Who is that Clare?" The boy asked as he stepped closer to her. I took in his scent and growled.

"Seriously Clarissa? A wolf blood? Are you out of your mind?" He growled lowly at me. "You have no right to growl at me! Who is that Clarissa?" I nearly shouted.

"He's my mate Avalon." That's when I scoffed.

"He's no mate of yours Clarissa. He's a wolf blood. A weak, lowly wolf blood."

"He's my mate! You have no right to speak of him like that!"

"I have every right in the world you little bitch."

"Hey! I'm the older sister in this scenario! You do not get to swear at me like that!"

"The older sister? If you're the older sister you sure as hell don't act like it. I'm forced to take care of the both of us because you refuse to grow up. You still do. I mean, you ran away during my induction ceremony. Not only did you not come, you forced me to run off just before I found out who my mate was. I've had to deal with your immaturity for the past three years. I'm only thirteen and I've already been to jail ten times because I covered for you. Thirteen Clarissa, I'm thirteen." My voice softened. "I came here because the pack will still accept you. That option was taken away from me the second I came out of a kneel. I'm now left with nothing, no pack, no mate, and something tells me no sister."

"Don't even try to guilt trip me you little brat. You decided to cover for me all those times, you decided to be the only income we had, and you decided to come after me." My soft attitude fell away.

"You know what Clarissa, fuck you! Ever since mom was murdered you've just been this spoiled brat. And I blame myself for that."

"You gave me nothing Avalon, nothing!" She screeched. She lunged at me, shifting forms. I quickly used her speed to flip her behind me.

"Don't think shifting forms will help you Clarissa. It won't." I spat at her jaguar form. "Numvi," I spat at her. Numvi I means traitor in the ancient language. She shifted back and growled at me.

"I am not a traitor," she snarled.

"Kyu inyo ca numvi." You are a traitor. I smirked.

"Li yin ersta ca numvi!" She shouted at me.

"What are you guys saying?" The boy asked stupidly. I turned around to face him. I growled at him.

"Kyur theon yun ca numvi," I stated. It was then I realized he couldn't understand me. "Your mate is a traitor. Chi van," I pointed back at Clarissa," yun ca numvi," this girl is a traitor, I stated.

"She is not a traitor," he stated protectively. "I love her, she is not a traitor."

"Just because you love her doesn't change what she is. She's a criminal without a record, thanks to me. Her secret, our secret, has almost been discovered, but hasn't, thanks to me. She can still have a pack, thanks to me. Your love, doesn't change the fact that she is a greedy, ungrateful bitch." He grabbed the shoulders of my dress.

"You will not talk about my mate like that!" I smirked.

"Try and stop me." I threw him over my head. He still didn't let go of my dress so I did a back bend. I flipped over and landed on his stomach, knocking the air out of him. Then he let go of me. I stepped so I could see both of them.

"You are both blind. Li hijan kyu niya innamorpha," I give you my blessing. "Now leave me alone." I stormed into the forest. I climbed high into a tree and sat for a while. I went to run my fingers through my hair when I felt the messy updo.

"The hair doesn't come down until the ceremony is completed. It is completed when the mates accept each other," I repeated my mother's words. "He'll come, I know he will."