CHAPTER EIGHT

Raphael grew stronger each day. His once weak body welcomed new strength. Melissa stayed by his side until he could go back to work. His mother had travelled to port Harcourt to oversee their business activities. New contract deals piled up on his desk, waiting for his approval. The government had awarded his company with a contract worth billions of dollars. Melissa was proud of his success and, more than anything, wanted him always to win.

The last months had been a rocky one for her and the people closest to her, but she saw them succeeding, surviving, and playing this life and money game with their heads up. Tara showcases her designs no bigger fashion shows. She went to design competitions. Teemai collection was breaking the norm in the fashion industry in Abuja. Her sense of style and fresh creativity made her stand out; she was also upgrading her knowledge on the business aspect of fashion.

Zeenah was kicking butts and giving everyone back to back beautiful shots in the photography industry; she got a scholarship to train under her mentor TY BELLO. It was the start of something new for each of them. They were building on their careers and ensuring that their schoolwork didn't suffer for it. Melissa was grateful the University of Abuja blessed her with two beautiful souls as friends. She was thankful that her friends were now her sisters and that they wanted so badly to see each other succeeding.

It was an authentic friendship of zero drama or girly jealousy. Theirs was pure love; they didn't take their fall out to heart. Any misunderstanding they had was just misunderstanding nothing more, and none of them saw it as #See Finish.

They had changed, the thoughts of how nice the future will be for them brought smiles to her face. They planned to go on a vacation after school with the men in their lives. They went over possible locations started contributing towards the trip as they were now in their finals.

Melissa's final year first semester was short and less stressful; her second semester, however, came with demands. She had to take a break from the business to concentrate on writing her final year's project. Raphael gave her writing tips; he helped her complete some chapters when she felt stuck. He gave her links to websites where she could quickly sort for materials. His support and understanding was the fuel she needed to keep pushing.

"You are almost at the end, babe. Just keep going." Raphael had said this to her when she found it difficult trying to write the literature review of her work (chapter two of her project work)

                            ~~~~
Melissa's last exams were fast approaching; she barely had time for herself, for Raphael, or business. Raphael was a sweetheart; he gave her all the space she needed but called her to check on her and know how far she had gone with completing her project. On most nights, Melissa read into the dead of the night, going from one topic to another, memorising and cramming the ones she felt would not come out in the exam.

Last paper examination day:

Melissa and her friends woke up that morning, prayed, and each waited for the other person to take her bath dress up so they could go to school together. Melissa was fully prepared and ready to give her last exam in Uni all she's got.

They came out of the exam hall with joy in their hearts; they all wore white polos, blue denim, white sneakers with Ankara jackets. Her colleagues rallied around writing well-meaning stuff on each other's white polo. They took pictures, danced, and made merry.

Later that day, Raphael, Kelvin, and Jamal (Tara and Zeenah's boyfriends) took them out for more celebration.

In the middle of them eating and laughing, Kelvin took his glass up; he used his spoon to hit on the glass to get everybody's attention gently.