Chapter Ten: Mina Ashido

Seeing Bakugo freak like that was hard on all of us. He held everything in until finally he just snapped. I never wanted to see that again, not from any of us. I took it upon myself to set up a class meeting with Mr. Aizawa's permission. I bought a bunch of notebooks from the shopping district to bring with me to the meeting. Once everyone showed up I handed out the notebooks and some pens I clapped my hands to get everyone's attention. 

          "Listen, I know this may seem stupid to some of you here, but I needed to do this." I paused to take a deep breath. "I don't want what happened to Bakugo to happen again, not to any of us. So please consider writing anything down in these notebooks, get your feelings out on paper if you can't express them directly. Don't hold it in until you snap like that. I never want to see that happen again, not to someone I'm in direct contact with every day." I started crying right there. "I'm sorry... it's just... if I'd known how you'd been feeling Bakugo I would have tried harder to make you feel better!" I sniffled and wiped my tears with my wrists. 

          "To further this idea of hers, I put a box in homeroom with slips of paper and pens. If there is something seriously bothering you I ask that you write it down and put it in the box. I'll be checking it everyday after classes are over. If there is anything you want to talk to me about but don't want to confront me in front of anyone, put it in the box. I will see it." Mr. Aizawa told us. 

          "Thank you, Ashido." Bakugo told me suddenly. "I'm sorry I made you worry... and cry..." He stared at the ground. "Thank you for caring about all of us." 

          "No kidding! You're the best Ashido!" Kaminari smiled. 

          "Thank you so much!" Everyone chipped in.

          The next day classes resumed as usual, and I noticed a few classmates put slips in the box Mr. Aizawa had mentioned during our class meeting. Things seemed to be going smoothly, even Bakugo put something in the box. Mr. Aizawa made appointments with everyone that put a slip in the box and talked to each of them just like he said he would. 

          A few weeks later Bakugo approached me... he asked if I wanted to grab a bite to eat with him, of course I said yes. He ordered something spicy, and I ordered natto with rice. We talked while we ate our food. 

          "I've been meaning to ask you for a while... why did you want me to go to the dance with you? I mean there are better guys in this class than me, why not go with one of them?" He asked. 

          "That's easy... it's because I like you. Like... a lot." I blushed hard. 

          "You like me?" He asked after a brief pause. "Like a friend?" 

          "No... I like you like more than a friend..." I saw his cheeks burn bright red. "I'm sorry... I get it if you don't like me the same." I waved my hands in front of me before covering my face. 

          "No! That's not it... I just... I wasn't expecting that." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Ashido... would you... maybe..." He struggled to speak for a second before taking another deep breath. "Mina Ashido, would you want to be my girlfriend?" He looked me in the eyes for the first time since he started talking. 

          "Yes!" I smiled and nearly jumped over the table to hug him. "Sorry! Sorry... I just, wow I never thought... I never thought you'd ask me that question." I stood up and threw my trash away as calmly as I could. He did the same and took my arm in his to lead me to the theatre to watch a comedy movie together. 

          After the movie we went back to the dorms laughing about how stupid the movie was. Once we got into the dormitory everyone had questions for us, when they found out we were officially dating they were excited... super excited! 

          "When was it made official?!" Momo asked me in my dorm room. 

         "Just today! Get this, he asked me!!" I giggled. "Before he asked me he wanted to go out to eat together! After that he asked me to be his girlfriend and then he took me to see a movie! Gosh I just can't believe how good today has been!" I sprawled out on my bed and smiled the biggest I've ever smiled.