Annual Check-up ★ Harvey

(Gender-neutral pronouns!)

Y/n walked down town, right by Pierre's. They noticed Abigail and walked up to her, smiling. "Hi, Abigail!" They greeted their best friend, smiling at Abigail. "Hullo, N/n, how are you?" Abigail greeted back, hugging them kindly.

"I'm good, I'm good. And guess what I brought you today, as it is Friday?" Y/n said, making Abigail look up curiously. 

"Tell me! Tell me!" She hurriedly said, hopping up and down like a small child. 

"Ta daaa!" Y/n took out a bowl of Banana Pudding out of their bag. "Quite hard to bring it here but here you go. As a Friday treat." They muttered as Abigail took the bowl. 

"I seriously love this! You're the best, Y/n!" Abigail said happily as she started to munch on the pudding. Y/n laughed quietly and shrugged until she saw someone. 

"No- Hide me, please." Y/n hurried, sneaking behind some bushes behind Abigail. "What- What is it, Y/-" "Don't say my name!" Y/n hushed Abigail. 

"It's Harvey, we both know I need to do my annual check-up, but I don't want to. But I'll feel to bad to say no if he asks." Y/n explained quietly. Abigail laughed, but stopped as Harvey looked at her. 

"But why won't you go on an annual check-up? They're not that bad, to be honest." She asked, turning to the bush Y/n hid in. "Well, It's that I'm actually frightened by them. They make me go insanely nervous and I have no answer for why I feel that." They ranted, standing up slowly as Harvey was out of sight.

Abigail nodded, eating on her pudding until a voice was heard. "Y/n! I was looking for you" Harvey said, walking up to them smiling kindly. 

Y/n froze turning to the brunette. "Oh- Haha- Yeah.. Uh.." They stammered, trying to come up with an excuse. "Let's go do your check-up, since it's been a while since the last one." Harvey said, watching Abigail push Y/n to walk beside him as he walked to the clinic.

Y/n was completely frozen. The nervousity they felt as Harvey opened the door to the small room where the check-up was held was abnormal. 

They sat down, their foot tapping to the floor quickly. Harvey fixed with some stuff before turning to them, quickly noticing the foot tapping. 

"Y/n, it's gonna be alright, no need to be nervous." He assured them, putting a hand on their shoulder. Y/n looked at him, giving him a quite fake smile. "I'm alright, no worries.." 

Harvey sighed lightly and started the check-up by checking their heart beat. "Y/n, your pulse is really high, are you okay?" He asked, looking worryingly at the smaller person. "Like I said, I'm- I'm quite fine.." Y/n held their tears by the rim of their eyes. 

But they couldn't keep it quiet. After a few seconds of silence they broke down, tears falling down their soft cheeks. "Hey, hey.." Harvey said calmly, slowly walking closer to them not wanting to scare them more. 

"It's so pathetic. It's just a- an annual check-up, nothing more.." They sobbed, hugging themselves for comfort. Harvey realised the probelm and put his arms around them, letting them lean their head on his chest.

"It's not pathetic, Y/n. People have different fears and this one is yours. And maybe for others this is just 'an annual check-up' but for you it's much more and more frightening than other stuff." Harvey comforted Y/n, smiling kindly at them when they looked up at him.

"Thank you..." They muttered, a small blush sweeping onto their cheeks. "It's alright, don't thank me. I just educate you about your own fears, Y/n." Harvey told them, smiling comfortingly at them. 

The pair looked at each other for some seconds before Harvey noticed what they were doing and turned away, blushing. 

"Well.. Let's continue.." He muttered, taking out equipment. "Do we have to..?" Y/n sighed, nervousity still in their veins. "I'm sorry, Y/n but we do. I need to know if you have any hidden sickness or stuff like that." Harvey walked back to them, checking their eye sight.