Chapter 17

After I read for a couple hours I decide to go down to the pool. I change into a bathing suit and put a tshirt and shorts on as a cover up. I grab a towel and go downstairs. "Hey mom I'm gonna go by the pool,"
"Ok!" Mom says from the kitchen. I head out to go down to the pool. Once I get there I put my stuff down on a chair. I lay my towel out and decide to tan a little bit. After about 10 minutes I flip over on my stomach. I lay there listening to music.
"Y/n! Hey!" I hear someone say. It's Isabella.
"Hey!" I say as I lift my head up.
"Mind if I join you?"
"No not at all," I say. She lays her towel on a chair next to mine and lies down.
"So how are you and Camilo?" Isabella asks.
"Good. We both like each other but we aren't dating. Which sucks but I wanna wait until he's ready,"
"I understand,"
"How about you and Mariano?" Isabella scoffs.
"His nose looks like a smashed papaya. I don't really want to marry him, but it will make the family happy and continue the miracle,"
"Wait, you don't want to marry him?" I say lifting my head up. Isabella shakes her head. "That sucks. I say don't do it. It's your choice to love who you want,"
"I know. It's just Abuela. And what happens if no other guy wants me and I end up lonely for the rest of my life?" Isabella says.
"You wont. Trust me," I say.
"I want what you and Camilo have,"
"What do you mean?"
"What you 2 have is special. You don't just like each other, you love each other. He's someone you could live your life with," she says. I sit and think about it.
"Should I just ask him out tonight?" I ask. She panics a little bit but to where I don't notice.

Isabella's POV
No no no! Camilo is asking you out tomorrow. DO NOT ASK HIM OUT. I think as look at her. "Nah. Let him ask you out so you know he's ready," I say.
"I guess that's a good idea," Y/n says. "Let's get in," she says. We both jump into the water.
"This feels really good after the day I've had," I say.
"Same. What'd you do?" Y/n asks.
"Work, talk about the proposal. Boring stuff. It's nice to have a break. What'd you do?"
"Went to the movies with Camilo, Mirabel, and Delores. We saw the new horror movie,"
"Oooh! It was so good. I saw it a couple days ago," I say. "Well I gotta get going," I say.
"Ok," y/n says. We both get out of the pool and dry off. We put our coverups back on and get our stuff together. We start walking out of the gate. "Hey can you tell one of the three to stop by my house to see if y'all can come over for dinner?" She asks.
"Yea of course," I say. We both hug.
"Thanks, bye," she says.
"Bye," I say as we start walking in the opposite direction.