Chapter 13: Lonely French Toast

Alyssa's POV

Andito ako ngayon sa bahay ni Samantha dito ako tumutuloy simula nang sumama ako sa kanya pa Manila. Wala muna siyang pinagsabihan tungkol sa akin which I find helpful since I don't remember a thing however she told me my parents were in Batangas.

Flashback

"Samantha!" paulit ulit kong sigaw sa Airport habang umiikot ako para hanapin sila ng may biglang humila sa laylayan ng damit ko.

"We meet again my dear friend." mula sa maliit na boses. I look down and realize it was Shai. I immediately get down on my knees to carry her.

"Where's your mom Shai?" but instead of answering she ask in return, "Why? Were you going to ask mommy to marry you?" I saw how her eyes glimmer but I just laugh at her remarks. She then immediately ask me to put her down as she grabbed my hand and dragged me directly to Samantha.

I stop when I recognised her figure and let go og Shai's hand.

" Samantha. " I called her name and as soon as her eyes landed on me her tears started falling down. She run towards me and the rest is history.

End of flashback

I wake up early today to cook us breakfast, actually this has been my routine for the past few days since I got here. Samantha's mom was not here so it was just the three of is kinda awkward cause none of them speak to me not even Shai which I find it weird. Maybe I'll talk to Shanaia after breakfast.

I was humming Samantha's song when I noticed her going down from upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I ask her but all I get is a girl so busy looking at her phone.

"I made french toast." She gratefully look at me for a second then look away. I can't be seeing things. Her eyes look sad whenever she look at me.

"Thanks but I have to go. Please look out for Shai while I'm gone. We'll go to the doctor when I comeback so please be ready." She said before picker her things and heading to the door. I just look at her.

"At some point Samantha we need to talk."

At dining table.

"How's my cooking skills Shai?" I cheerfully ask to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Hmm. Good but..."

"but?" I ask nervously.

"Bet you haven't cook that much before?" She said and we both laugh.

"Hahaha is it that obvious?" I ask her and she nod enthusiastically.

"I miss talking to you lately Shai. Did I do something wrong? You haven't talk to me lately" I said to her sincerely. I'm new to this so I don't quiet know how to deal with her.

"Uhm not really." that's all she said so I have the urge to ask more.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"Since you came here and I saw your picture at my momma's bedside table  and you don't seem to be young enough to be my sister I figure you might be mommy's girlfriend.. And I don't know how to address you!" Tuloy tuloy na salita ni Shai. Even I got shock, I don't know na ganto na pala iniisip ng batang no. Napafacepalm n alang ako.

" Am I her girlfriend? " I just chuckled and make her sit at my lap so I can back hug her. " My sweet Shai. You can still call me Baldo like old times"

"Wouldn't that be disrespectful I mean if you're really my mom's girlfriend. I already have a mommy so you can't be my mommy na I'll call you mama na lang" She said while her eye's are smiling. I just nod and then we spend the day bonding together.

Samantha failed to go home early Shai wasn't even able to wait for her before eating dinner.

Where laying at the hammock outside waiting for some while Shai is on top of me.
(Imagine  the photo is Alyssa and Shai waiting for Sam to come home.)

"Ma can we go to my room na? I'm sleepy

"Ma can we go to my room na? I'm sleepy." I did not bother answering her instead I carry her by the time we got to her room she's already sleeping. I put her down slowly.

But she won't let go of my shirt so I decided to lay with her a bit. Until I too drifted to sleep.

(Imagine Aly and Shai again.)

Samantha's POV

Samantha's POV

I got home to a very quiet house. They must be sleeping. I sighed Ben didn't allow me to go home kanina. Namiss tuloy namin yung appointment ni Aly. I'm too tired to eat so maybe I'll just shower and sleep.

Before I head to my room I stop by to check my daughter.

To my surprise Aly and Shai are sleeping soundly. Nakakainggit naman gusto ko din tumabi.

I kissed Shai on the forehead and then I stared at Aly.

"12 years and you hadn't old a bit. I miss you so bad Aly but I'm restraining myself. I don't want my world to revolve on you again because the moment  you regain your memory I'm sure babalik ka kay Kiefer and iiwan mo ko but this time hindi lang ako pati din si Shai. "

Tumayo na ako at dahan dahang lumabas ng kwarto.

Alyssa's POV

"12 years and you hadn't old a bit. I miss you so bad Aly but I'm restraining myself. I don't want my world to revolve on you again because the moment  you regain your memory I'm sure babalik ka kay Kiefer and iiwan mo ko but this time hindi lang ako pati din si Shai. " What a sad thought...ganon ba lagi kong ginagawa before Sam? I'm sorry.

I close my eyes and just let my self be pulled to deep sleep.