Chapter 2

“What the hell?” The guy, whom I just punched yelled at me. My punch wasn’t that strong but his jaw became red. Damn, that will form a bruise. As he looked at me with his furious doe eyes, I had a close look at him. My 5’4 frame was too short in front of his tall frame. His black hair were a little long which were parted in the middle and framed his gorgeous face.

“Are you fucking mute or what?” He glared at me.

I was still angry. How could he say such awful things about women? Who gave him the right?

I wanted to slap him. Before I could do it someone grabbed me from behind.

“Seo hyun, calm down. We are in a public place. Control yourself!” I heard Eun Ae whisper in my ear.

I got out of her grip. But she grabbed my hand and started dragging me. I turned and gave a disgusting look to that guy while his friend snickered.

As soon as we sat in my car Eun Ae started yelling at me.

“What was that Seo Hyun? Why in the world did you punch that guy? You know anyone could have recognized you. How can you be so damn careless?” She said throwing her hands angrily in the air.

“First of all, he is a jerk. He wrote awful things about women on his blog. The nerve of him. I am not sorry. Secondly, it’s not my fault that my dad is a known dentist in this city. How would anyone recognize me as his daughter? People know him, not me. So chill.” I said rolling my eyes. I opened my phone and showed her the blog that guy wrote.

“His blog? Are you sure that the guy who wrote the blog is the same guy you just punched?” She questioned.

“The things he said were the same as the ones he wrote in his blog. Plus I checked his profile picture.” I answered.

Eun Ae opened his profile picture and zoomed in. Her mouth formed an ‘O’.

“You shouldn’t have stopped me. I wanted to slap him too.” I said looking out of the window.

She ignored my comment and started the car.

As soon as we reached my home, I got out of the car and headed to my room. I heard Eun Ae saying that she will pick me up tomorrow at 7:30 pm for Jin’s party. As soon as I entered my room, I collapsed on my bed. It already felt a long day. I decided to take a nap since summer break was going on, I didn’t have much to do.

I woke up and looked out of my window. It was already dark outside. I picked up my phone and saw the time. It was almost 8pm. I went downstairs to have dinner. Mom was already setting the table. I picked up the dishes and started to help her.

“Did Moon Eun Woo and you broke up?” Mom asked suddenly.

“Yeah. He dumped me last night. Few weeks ago he told me that he was dealing with some family issues so he won’t be able to talk to me. I agreed and waited for him to call me or text me. 2 weeks passed and he called me last night to say that his grandmother passed. He was in pain because he was very close to her. Then he said that, death is inevitable. We work so hard to live our lives. We fall in love. We fight for our loved ones. But in the end it all goes in vain.” I sat on the table and continued as mom started to serve food while listening intently to me.

“I asked him where he was going with that. Then he said that his family never liked me and they will never accept me so we should break up. I told him that we are still in high school. It’s a long way to go. Maybe his family would accept me in future. But he didn’t listen to me. He started saying things, like how I won’t stop talking to my guy friends, how I didn’t give him enough time, how it made him feel like I chose my friends over him, how I smiled at anyone who complimented me. The last thing was literally ridiculous.” I laughed awkwardly with an ache in my heart. Now that I think, he always wanted me to himself. He hated my friends. He hated how I had a social life. I used to give him ample of time but every time I went out with my friends, he objected. He always thought I would leave him for some other guy.