Prologue

A/N: I got full permission to use the characters from "A Sound In The Distance" by SilverDreamsisBrenna, so don't worry!
(Just wanted to repeat that, in case people didn't read the desc.)
This idea came to the two of us out of nowhere, and is kinda random-
Anyways, I'll get out of your hair, and you can enjoy.. whatever this mess is XD

A few weeks prior to Ventus arriving in the Land of Departure with the x-blade, a pair of girls arrived, seemingly out of nowhere. Sapphire and Analia. They claimed to be the daughters of Eraqus, but the latter swore he didn't have any children. Despite that, he let them stay in the world with Terra and Aqua, and they all trained, having a good time. But now, things were about to change.

Ventus stepped out of a Corridor of Darkness, suppressing a shudder. The world sparkled so bright with light, but also burned with darkness. Or.. was it neither? It seemed somewhere between. Unlike Ven, actually. He could basically feel the darkness starting to peak more and more in his heart. He needed help, and he needed it now. He quickly walked up to the door, where a small group of people lingered. A lady with blue hair, and a guy with brown hair were chatting not too far from a girl with lavender hair and a girl with black hair. Near the lady, another man stood, with distinct black hair in a ponytail. After taking a deep breath, Ven approached them.

The girl with lavender hair spotted him first, her eyes widening. "Ven..?"

Whoa. How did this girl know his name? That was the least of Ven's issues, though. He needed help. He briefly ignored the girl and looked at the other three. "I'm Ventus, an ex apprentice to Xehanort.. I need help-"

Eraqus' gaze hardened at the very mention of Xehanort. That didn't seem like a good sign. "You.. are his apprentice?"

Ven shook his head lightly, willing his voice not to shake. "I.. I was. But now.. I have this." He waved his hand, feeling the large burden of a blade form in his hand.

Eraqus' reaction to that was just as bad. He raised his hand as if to summon his keyblade, which Ventus greatly wished wouldn't happen.

"You do know how dangerous that weapon is, right?"

Ven looked down at the blade, sighing. "I do."

"I need you to hand it over. It is far too dangerous in the hands of a child."

The girl with lavender hair stood up and walked over to Eraqus, tugging on his sleeve. "Eraqus.. you can't judge him based on just that. He came here asking for help-"

Eraqus looked down at her. "Analia, let me handle this." The girl backed up a step to give him some space, and he turned back to Ven.

"I would hand it over if I could. I'd throw it into the horizon, but.. I can't. It's a part of me, now. I couldn't give it up, even though I desperately want to.."

"Just give it here."

Ven sighed. "You're not listening. I can't get rid of it."

"Then.." Eraqus sighed, and his keyblade manifested in his hand. He walked closer with a regretful look in his eyes. Ventus stumbled back a step and raised his blade in that stance from before. It wasn't his normal one, but it felt familiar. Eraqus turned behind him at the people behind him. "Terra, Aqua, we must disarm him of his weapon."

The girl Eraqus had called "Analia" bounced over to him, shaking her head like crazy. "No, please. Give him a chance! He means no harm!"

Behind Eraqus, Aqua and Terra stood up, as well as the other girl. Aqua appeared to be agreeing with Analia. "Please, Master."