Chapter 7

Ravenpaw stood, panting, above Dark's limp body. Ruthless was back, and she was looking at it with a mixture of horror and fury. 

"No!" she howled.

"We leave you now, RevengeClan." Ravenpaw announced. "I'm sorry, but I had to."

She beckoned Ebonypaw and Amberpaw and they left RevengeClan in a stunned silence.

Timeskip-

"Should I have killed him?" Ravenpaw asked her two best friends.

"You had to. It was your destiny." Ebonypaw mewed firmly.

"I suppose so..." Ravenpaw muttered.

She glanced at Amberpaw. The RiverClan cat had been strangely silent on their journey back. Now, they stood at the edge of the moor. Ravenpaw gazed longingly across the moor, eager to race the other apprentices again.

"We've been gone for almost a moon," Ebonypaw remarked, looking up at the moon. It was almost full. "I'd guess the Gathering is tomorrow night or the day after that."

"We should go back." Amberpaw rasped.

"Are you okay, Amberpaw?" Ravenpaw moved forward to brush pelts with her, but Amberpaw hissed and stumbled away.

"You're turning into the angry cat we met at the Moonpool," Ebonypaw teased.

"GO AWAY!" Amberpaw roared.

Ravenpaw took a step back, flinching. "I suppose she's right. I'll see you guys at the Gathering."

"Bye, Ravenpaw, Amberpaw," Ebonypaw flicked her tail cheerily before heading towards ShadowClan's pine forest.

"Bye, Ebonypaw." Ravenpaw waved her tail in response. "Goodbye, Amberpaw."

Amberpaw didn't respond, she only looked to the marshland of RiverClan.

"Amberpaw. You're not okay, are you?" Ravenpaw drew closer, but Amberpaw pushed her away.

She spoke up at last. "I guess I don't know if I want to go back," Amberpaw muttered.

"I understand," Ravenpaw purred, shocked to see she meant it. Ravenpaw didn't know whether she should go back. She'd had so much more fun out on her own with Amberpaw and Ebonypaw, but she was a medicine cat of her Clan. How could she abandon them?

"I'll go, then." Amberpaw muttered bitterly before leaping off the ledge they were on and running across the moor to RiverClan land. Amberpaw didn't even look back, not even once.

She's probably just tired. But I really thought we were becoming...friends.

Ravenpaw sat on the ledge by herself, grooming her fur.

"StarClan! Should I go back?" she asked the stars.

One of the stars started moving, and she moved back, surprised. The star formed into Ravenwing.

"Your Clan has a medicine cat, but that's not the point." Ravenwing mewed. "Your Clan will need you in the future. You have a great destiny ahead of you."

"So, you're saying I should go back," Ravenpaw murmured.

"I'm saying that every cat has their destiny, but you get to choose it. Remember the vision I showed you?"

Ravenpaw nodded. How could she forget it?

Ravenwing dipped his head. "That could still happen, unless you're with your Clan, guiding them towards a brighter future. There was a prophecy made long before your birth, you know? It was given to Bluestar, the leader of ThunderClan before Firestar, who was before Luckystar."